Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BTA advice
Quote | Reply
For years I've been running just a standard bottle BTA on my aerobars after switching away from the old splash and crash Profile Design. My original plan was to run this set-up with some cheap bottle I don't mind losing then just ditching it at aid station in the trash zone during IMMT. However someone said that the bottle at IM don't secure well in the cage? If this is the case I was considering an A2 for racing and continuing to train with just standard bottles on the cage. Any input is appreciated.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Last edited by: Jloewe: Mar 22, 17 15:19
Quote Reply
Re: BTA advice [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also interested. Has anyone had issues fitting water bottles at IM into XLAB products such as the (BTA) Kompact 100 or (rear hydration) Delta 100?

2017 races: St. George 70.3 May 6 | Madison 70.3 June 11 | IM Zurich July 30 | Chicago Marathon October 8
Quote Reply
Re: BTA advice [RudeDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, the bottles that they handed out at imtx last year rattled around a good bit in the xlab kompact. but not so bad that i have changed my setup, you should be fine if your bottle faces forward into your hands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, definitely. I have always been annoyed at the cheap plastic bottles they hand up water in at IM events. I remember being handed full standard bike bottles of water at my first IM (2005), but that pretty quickly changed to those cheap, thin costco-style bottles that don't hold their shape at all. Very annoying and no, they don't stay in cages very well.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, the Gatorade bottles at an ironman aren't the best for staying in standard cages. But some cages are better than others. I switched to specialized rib cage after losing bottles years ago on the bumpy roads of ironman Wisconsin. No bottles lost since :)
Quote Reply
Re: BTA advice [friesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
friesen wrote:
Yes, the Gatorade bottles at an ironman aren't the best for staying in standard cages. But some cages are better than others. I switched to specialized rib cage after losing bottles years ago on the bumpy roads of ironman Wisconsin. No bottles lost since :)

I actually bought the Specialized Rib cages after ejecting a bottle 3 times out of my free alloy cage as a newbie. That was nearly 8 years ago and haven't bought a new cage since. My Felt B10 has one cage on the seat tube, and my BTA that I put on there. From the sounds of it the BTA should be fine. Probably keep the seat tube as a reserve bottle just in case.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply