Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Texas 2017 (official thread) [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, we have to figure out how to integrate our training and tapering with our kids. It's very hard to do, since they are always changing and that makes making them happy a moving target. Once you figure out how to taper and train while attending their soccer practices and games, they switch to swim team. Can you swim at the same time? Should you swim at the same time? Is it better or worse than swimming alone? Just when you figure that out, swimming is over and it's time for another interest. It definitely sounds hard to do and stay on the cutting edge of performance at the same time. Props for doing it as well as you do.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017 (official thread) [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Using Strava auto-correct I have 2,249ft.

But I turned the Garmin on at the start but forgot to start the timer until the first turn about at about mile 4/5 so the first few miles are missing.

Also, I have 105.7 miles for the ride, again missing the first few miles. So about 110 miles.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017 (official thread) [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotta love WTC trying to save themselves for the bike course length

"One quick caveat: you will see that the file has the course at 109 miles, but Hanson mentioned that he started his computer a little late"
Originally from: http://www.ironman.com/...y.aspx#ixzz4fBwOlgWT

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017 (official thread) [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
Gotta love WTC trying to save themselves for the bike course length

"One quick caveat: you will see that the file has the course at 109 miles, but Hanson mentioned that he started his computer a little late"
Originally from: http://www.ironman.com/...y.aspx#ixzz4fBwOlgWT

It appears that he started it about 17 seconds late...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017 (official thread) [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really do not understand how they shorted this bike course, or any course that has a randomly located U-turn. The U-turn at the south end of the Hardy could have easily been pulled another 1/2 mile south to add the extra 2 miles. Someone dropped the ball on this one. It would be a different story if the U-turn had been right at the end of the tollway, but it wasn't, there's no excuses for a short course with this setup.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017 (official thread) [HoustonAg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. It was strange. Out on the bike course they were also off. They were always ahead a mile or so with the signs.

Anyway, this was my first Ironman. I finished with a time off 11:53:04 with a 4:06 PR marathon. The swim portion was the hardest for me. I had trouble in the beginning and has to do breast stroke for a few minutes until things had settled.

The wind on the way back on loop 2 was crazy :) (It was just like biking on Parmer north of Austin).
Quote Reply
Re: IM Texas 2017 (official thread) [FlyingScot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FlyingScot wrote:
DBF wrote:
I was surprised there was 2700 feet with elevation change. Overpasses add up.

Can anyone confirm that? Unfortunately my 920XT crapped out during the race. And my Edge 500. Hell, anything that said Garmin on it failed on Saturday (even the damn HRM).

Anyways, that sounds like an awfully high number, it sure didn't feel like that much.

Per my 920XT = 109.52 miles w 2126 ft elevation gain
Quote Reply

Prev Next