Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cobb saddle bag falls off
Quote | Reply
FYI, the Cobb saddle bag, held on by two small velcro straps, falls off very easily in my experience. Something to keep in mind if you are one to keep valuables, cash or car key inside of your saddle bag.

I'm going to secure w/toe strap in the future. I remember reading a bunch of similar reviews, but perhaps they were censored/deleted. The only review I see on website where I bought item says that saddle bag fell off.

Cobb is apparently aware of the problem, since they supposedly increased length of velcro straps. However, I see no difference in length of straps, perhaps it's a minuscule increase.
Quote Reply
Re: Cobb saddle bag falls off [Amateur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amateur wrote:
FYI, the Cobb saddle bag, held on by two small velcro straps, falls off very easily in my experience. Something to keep in mind if you are one to keep valuables, cash or car key inside of your saddle bag.

I'm going to secure w/toe strap in the future. I remember reading a bunch of similar reviews, but perhaps they were censored/deleted. The only review I see on website where I bought item says that saddle bag fell off.

Cobb is apparently aware of the problem, since they supposedly increased length of velcro straps. However, I see no difference in length of straps, perhaps it's a minuscule increase.

Did you give someone a call at Cobb. I am sure they would be more than happy to hear your feedback, possibly even replace the bag. Where did you purchase it from and are you sure it is NOT counterfeit?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Cobb saddle bag falls off [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas, purchased first one from Tri Sports, second one was sent to me from Cobb.

Not sure that I will use the Cobb bag in the future. Looking for an alternative that will fit nicely, securely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amateur wrote:
Thomas, purchased first one from Tri Sports, second one was sent to me from Cobb.

Not sure that I will use the Cobb bag in the future. Looking for an alternative that will fit nicely, securely.

Sorry to hear about your issue. I do follow up with Cobb once in a while on their products just so I can stay more educated on their product offerings. This is the first I have ever heard of someone having this issue and I don't think I have ever seen a thread censored on here, but regardless I am sorry again about your experience. If you want a different bag recommendation, I have personally used Toolkit Jannd Bag on the back of my TT bike with much success for many many years. They are a very high-quality bag company that gets rebranded a lot.

Hope that helps.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speacilized makes a small wedge bag that fits wel in that area. I lost my cobb one at some point and didn't realize until I had a flat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had my Cobb bag fall off in a race one (I stopped, went back and picked it up...which is a good thing because i flatted about half an hour latter)

A couple safety pins through the velcro will ensure that you never drop it again.

I do the same thing as them, just slower
Quote Reply
Re: Cobb saddle bag falls off [skot123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skot123 wrote:
I had my Cobb bag fall off in a race one (I stopped, went back and picked it up...which is a good thing because i flatted about half an hour latter)

A couple safety pins through the velcro will ensure that you never drop it again.

Good suggestion for securing the bag, aesthetics aside. Glad to see that I'm not the Lone Ranger of losing a Cobb saddle bag!

I spoke to Cobb this morning. Cobb is upset that I posted this thread with information about my experience with their saddle bag.
I asked Cobb by how much they increased the length of the velcro straps. Cobb could not give me a straight answer. The straps appear very short.

Still looking for a good alternative bag that will fit nicely in the space within the Cobb hydration mount. I'm baffled by the fact that Cobb produced this tiny, flimsy bag to complement an otherwise good setup.
Quote Reply