Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bridging Olympic to 70.3 in 8 weeks
Quote | Reply
Looking for some advice on how best to bridge the gap between an Olympic and 70.3. I am a decently competitive female collegiate racer (2:32 Oly last year-going for 2:26-7 on a flat course this year) and have Nationals on April 22nd. I also just signed up for Coeur d'Alene on June 24th (figured why not?!) 8 weeks to go long course!

Training has been Oly-centered obviously, about 11-15 hours a week. Has consisted of 4x swim of 10-12k (getting back from hand surgery and two months out of the pool), 3x bike (6-7 hours), and 4x run (20-28 mi consisting of fartlek, track/hills, long run about 10mi and recovery run). Quality is a little lower than I'd like at the moment because I was off for 5 weeks after surgery in Dec, but am back at it now. Bike is my strong suit, followed by running and swimming.

Any suggestions or tips on how to best do this? I was looking at an 8 week training plan from TrainingPeaks, written by Jim Vance. Any experience with his plans or other reasonably priced short turnaround training plans? (Do not have money for a personal coach)
Quote Reply
Re: Bridging Olympic to 70.3 in 8 weeks [fate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would take a look at trainerroad.
Their half Ironman specialty plan is solid 8 weeks long.
Their plan helped me go from 5:48 HIM to 5:14 in a relatively similar course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could probably race decently on the training you're doing now.

I race Sprint and Olympic and train around 10-13 hours a week and feel i would have no problem with a 70.3, i think a full IM would be a stretch though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Email me at coach jim vance at g mail, and I can help answer your questions. Happy to help you.

Jim Vance
http://TodaysPlan.com.au (Disclosure: I am contracted with Today's Plan)
http://www.CoachVance.com/
Twitter @jimvance
Quote Reply