Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NO Exit Strategy Again [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
or not wanting to change presidents in the middle of the situation.

Honestly, I have to wonder if ANY president has ever been in a more vulnerable position than Bush in 04 and still won the election?

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: NO Exit Strategy Again [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What's really funny is the fact that not one of the bloviators on this board (me included) would have anywhere near the stones to get as far in life as this guy did, regardless of the help his mommy and daddy may or may not have given him. And apparently he convinced a solid majority of voters to trust him to conduct the business of the United States, so he can't be that stupid. Hey, maybe he just subscribes to Machiavelli's dictum that it's better to be feared than loved when it comes to dealing with the greater outside world? You never know.

How many of us here have Havard MBAs, I wonder? Or have ever flown high-performance pursuit jet fighters, whether in the Guard or on active duty? Or have raised what seems to be 2 well-adjusted girls to full adulthood? This guy, like all the others before him, gets up every morning with the problems of the WHOLE world on his shoulders, and the WHOLE world expects the United States to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING about each and every one of their own countries' individual problems.

And he also gets up knowing that people are actively trying to kill him and his country's citizens 24/7, 365 days a year, with no break for Ramadan, Hannukah, Christmas.....whatever.

With all of this, it's no wonder that the job ages these guys so much. Clinton was practically white-haired by the time he was able to escape the Oval Office.

I'll stop now. We can all go back to our own smug, self-satisfied existences and ponder further the deep mysteries of the universe. Things like how long our new bike's top tube should be in relation to our torso length, for example ;-)

T.

You've been inhaling too much jet exhaust, methinks. Who has the stones? About 90% of the population, who get up each day knowing that if they screw up, they've really messed up their and their families' lives. Unlike Bush, who had a safety net the size of Texas his whole life. You really think he earned that Harvard MBA? You think he earned his way into Yale? You think his performance at Yale earned his way into Harvard? I'm willing to bet cash dollars that he didn't close the hatch on that plane until his trainers were damned sure he wasn't going to kill himself, others, or crash a multi-million dollar plane; they were well aware of the consequences of this favored scion buying the farm. It's especially humorous considering that it was his lack of stones that got him into the Guard in the first place.

As for raising his twins, wasn't one of them cited for underage drinking? Yeah, everyone does it, but I would think that being the well-adjusted daughters of POTUS would mean taking extra care with one's actions.

(treading on really dangerous grounds now)

And what stones does it take to believe that you have such a personal relationship with God that you feel you are doing His work? Bush can't admit to error, because to do so would fly in the face of his belief that he's acting as the Hand of God.

I don't for an instant think that he's so burdened with the cares of the world, unlike many of his predecessors. This is the Insulation President.

"Stones", my ass. Hubris.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: NO Exit Strategy Again [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did I touch a nerve there, Ken? I guess it's all in what perspective you take these things. Myself, I would probably say much the same thing about 90% of the politicians from the left side of the aisle, so that probably puts us in the same leaky lifeboat.

T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Did I touch a nerve there, Ken? I guess it's all in what perspective you take these things. Myself, I would probably say much the same thing about 90% of the politicians from the left side of the aisle, so that probably puts us in the same leaky lifeboat.

T.
The "But Clinton..." defense. Quite unbecoming. I coulda sworn we were talking about Bush here. But if you'd rather deflect and talk about the left (or, rather, your only defense of Bush, who you were only a (web-)moment ago touting as such an achiever) rather than attempt to defend your position, feel free.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: NO Exit Strategy Again [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where have I mentioned anything derogatory about Clinton in my argument that we need to give ALL of these guys a break? And, hey.....are you telling me that you don't get a least a little teary-eyed over these mugshots of Dubya leading the Free World(tm)?

("Don't worry 'bout this good ol' boy, kids. There's plenny more where he come from!")

(Who's President W. Bush?)

("So...y'all ever barbeque a Yak before?")

(Ouch!! NOT a good way to go about asking for a presidential pardon!)

(modern day version of "Tabula rasa"....get it?)

Lighten up, Ken. Do you really think that any of these guys are really evil, and hellbent on total world domination? I don't. Well, maybe Herbert Hoover was.....but he's the only one!

T.
Last edited by: big kahuna: Nov 26, 05 19:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Do you really think that any of these guys are really evil, and hellbent on total world domination? "

The way some web tout, it would seem that these some really do think this.

Nice pics!
Quote Reply

Prev Next