Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Exercise after lumber puncture
Quote | Reply
Hi has anyone had any experience about exercise after a lumber puncture. Had one today and I have a time trial on Saturday. Too soon to compete?
Quote Reply
Re: Exercise after lumber puncture [Timber2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timber2 wrote:
Hi has anyone had any experience about exercise after a lumber puncture. Had one today and I have a time trial on Saturday. Too soon to compete?
LOL! I think you know the answer to this!
Quote Reply
Re: Exercise after lumber puncture [WhittleFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you got me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just think it's funny that someone with the handle "Timber" has a lumber puncture. (I assume this meant "lumbar")

Good luck figuring it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I've had a couple of lumbar punctures. I had to take 10 days off because they were followed by blood patches (no, the puncture did not cause a leak). I get spontaneous CSF leaks, the lumbar punctures were done as part of diagnostic testing to determine if I was leaking CSF.

If I recall correctly, the average patient getting a lumbar puncture needs to take it really easy for 24 hours. Avoid strenuous exercise for 48 hours.

The best thing to do would be to contact the provider that performed the procedure. The staff that works with the Doc can likely answer the question pretty easily since you're definitely not the first person to ask this question . If it was done at an ER you can even call the ER and ask one of the nurses, they should be able to get an answer pretty quick if they don't know off the top of their head. I would also expect the answer to be in your discharge instructions.

Good luck! Hope you get to have a good race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had lumbar punctures after which I have felt fine and been able to ride etc. (although not racing) But I've also had ones when I tried to do things within a few days after and it put me flat on my back for 2-3 days. It really is an individual thing and depends on what they did; fluid drained etc. I would say if you have any doubts and/or still feeling soreness then don't do it. There will always be another race.

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suppose it depends on where the splinter is?
Quote Reply