Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is the Parade Kit mandatory for Team USA at Penticton?
Quote | Reply
This will be my first time competing at Long Course world championships for USA, and I'm trying to keep costs down (yeah I know wrong event for that!), and I've received emails that the racing uniform and parade kit are "mandatory for all members of Team USA".

I understand that all competitors for USA should have the same racing uniform, but I went in and looked at the parade kit and the cheapest option is $165 + $10 shipping, and it's all clothing/gear I do not really need.

Are all USA participants required to attend the parade, opening and closing ceremonies in their parade kit? Wanted to get feedback from those who gone to previous ones.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Is the Parade Kit mandatory for Team USA at Penticton? [aeroyoost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

The best person/group to answer would be USAT. I suspect they'll say "yes". Will they prevent you from competing if you don't march in the parade or wear the sanctioned outfit, I doubt it.
Quote Reply
Re: Is the Parade Kit mandatory for Team USA at Penticton? [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They mention that you need the parade kit for opening/closing ceremonies and the parade.

Is there a parade for each event? I have no interest in any of these ceremonies.
Quote Reply
Re: Is the Parade Kit mandatory for Team USA at Penticton? [aeroyoost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are charging for the parade kit now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would like to know if it's mandatory too... I did notice however that they offer a $60 off coupon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are all USA participants required to attend the parade, opening and closing ceremonies in their parade kit?

---------

I'm pretty sure it is required for the parade/opening ceremonies. So if that's required and you'll have it, probaly is for closing ceremonies as well.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if it's possible for USA Triathlon to become any more ridiculous...I had to check my calendar to see if it was April 1.

Brian Shea
http://www.PersonalBestNutrition.com
Open-Water/Masters Swimming at the Jersey Shore:
Monmouth County NJ Ocean Swim/Masters Workouts
Quote Reply