Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me fit my Scott Plasma 5!
Quote | Reply
Hi friends from ST!

I would like to see what you think of my fit so far. This season my focus will be on the full distance. What do you think? I have been riding like this for 6 months now and it feels good, but just wanted to be sure if IĀ“m getting the most out of it.
ItĀ“s an Scott Plasma 5 size L, IĀ“m 1.88cm / 6.1. If there is more stats you need, please let me know!

It might look like IĀ“m shaking a bit on the bike, but thatĀ“s because the training had a bit to much load on I think.. After a couple of seconds there will be some slowmotion in as well, filmed from the side, back and front..

Without further ado..

Quote Reply
Re: Help me fit my Scott Plasma 5! [ScottMountain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks pretty solid.

Any fit changes would be recommended based on what you want out of your bike. Do you want to be more efficient, hypothetically speaking? Go a bit faster on the same effort? Then I'd probably move the arm pads forward 1-2cm and drop the armpads 1-2 cm. See what that looks like. Pretty good head and hand position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe check the cleat on the left leg, the knee tracks in a bit.
Maybe it is slightly further back than the right and effectively make the left leg shorter.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me fit my Scott Plasma 5! [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What James said - armpads forward 1-2 cm.

I'd also raise the saddle about 1 cm. Looks low to me.

Also, push your chest forward a bit. It's actually not about the position of your chest, but I've found that's the best way to get people to roll their pelvis forward. That will almost certainly be easier to do if you bring your armpads forward.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Help me fit my Scott Plasma 5! [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:

Also, push your chest forward a bit. It's actually not about the position of your chest, but I've found that's the best way to get people to roll their pelvis forward. That will almost certainly be easier to do if you bring your armpads forward.
One other thing - from the looks of it, I'd have preferred you on an XL.

Trent Nix
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Help me fit my Scott Plasma 5! [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
Looks pretty solid.

Any fit changes would be recommended based on what you want out of your bike. Do you want to be more efficient, hypothetically speaking? Go a bit faster on the same effort? Then I'd probably move the arm pads forward 1-2cm and drop the armpads 1-2 cm. See what that looks like. Pretty good head and hand position.

Thanks James! Could you explain me why I should move them a bit more forward? Is that because you want mij back more straightened? Wouldn't my elbow / upperarm-torso angle be to big then?
Quote Reply
Re: Help me fit my Scott Plasma 5! [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lyrrad wrote:
Maybe check the cleat on the left leg, the knee tracks in a bit.
Maybe it is slightly further back than the right and effectively make the left leg shorter.

Thank you Lyrrad, could you tell me the timestamp where you see this? I think they will be pretty similar, I will let you know.
Last edited by: ScottMountain: Mar 21, 17 12:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:

Thanks, I see what you mean. Going to tilt my saddle a couple of degrees down, otherwise it's not doable because of the pressure on the soft tissue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tilting may cause you to slide, which will cause you to push back from the armpad and can lead to shoulder discomfort. There is a balance there to find.

It might be evidence your saddle isn't ideal, but that's a can of worms.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
Tilting may cause you to slide, which will cause you to push back from the armpad and can lead to shoulder discomfort. There is a balance there to find.

It might be evidence your saddle isn't ideal, but that's a can of worms.

I had the same thought, thinking about getting a saddle test done to find the perfect saddle for me. Saddle as it is right now is at 0 degrees so i have some degrees of freedom to tilt it. Will report back.
Quote Reply