Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Oceanside 70.3 parking?
Quote | Reply
How tricky is street parking at the event?
I'm sure lots of people are staying in walkable distance hotels but there are ~2000 participants so trying to estimate how hard it will be to park that AM.

Apparently there is street parking 1 mile away.

Thx
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 parking? [Johnnyfever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think last year they issued parking passes to specific lots at check in?

I stay near T1 so never been an issue for me, but I never hear people complaining so there must be plenty
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 parking? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think last year they issued parking passes to specific lots at check in?

I stay near T1 so never been an issue for me, but I never hear people complaining so there must be plenty
-----------------
You can also park in lot one but you gotta get there early or on the street leading down to it. I parked there every year.

http://www.ci.oceanside.ca.us/.../revenue/parkmap.asp

Train safe & smart
Bob

Last edited by: Longboarder: Mar 21, 17 7:47
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 parking? [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, lot 1 is the most convenient to the start. My hotel overlooks it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been able to find street parking in the neighborhood between the lots above the pier and the hill down to the harbor the last few years without a problem. Biggest pain is that you used to be able to ride in (making the distance a non-issue); mandatory bike check in on Friday makes it a longer trip now.
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 parking? [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have done this race twice....2010 and 2014---both different set ups.

To confirm, Both T1 and T2 are together like 2010 but you finish by the Strand/Expo Area like 2014? Right?

Which lot is by the finish? Just in case I can't get into Lot 1?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanside 70.3 parking? [MadisonMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MadisonMan wrote:
I have done this race twice....2010 and 2014---both different set ups.

To confirm, Both T1 and T2 are together like 2010 but you finish by the Strand/Expo Area like 2014? Right?

Which lot is by the finish? Just in case I can't get into Lot 1?

Thanks

Yes, T1 and T2 back at the harbor. Finish at the pier

Check longboarder's link above, has lots on the map

But the AG says they will be handing out parking passes first come first serve at registration. I believe (but could be wrong) that the passes are lot-specific
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I bring a volunteer to work T1, that person gets a parking pass for the lot very near the tunnel underneath the railroad tracks adjacent to the harbor. It's very close to T1 (about a 5-minute walk), but it's about a mile walk (?) from the finish line. However that walk back is good for recovery and convenient for loading bikes back on the vehicle. I think people who stay at the Worldmark condos also use that lot. There is also very early street parking on San Luis Rey Drive and Riverside Drives that connects North Coast Highway to that lot.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply