Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wetsuit fatigue. How to overcome it? [guscrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Possible contributing factors:
Insufficient warm up
Anxiety
Different stroke in open water (head up, wider hand entry and pull)
Wetsuit fit - shoulders
Wetsuit fit - chest
Swimming too fast too soon
No walls every 25 yards (Arms rest/pause into and off walls)

David K
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit fatigue. How to overcome it? [DavidK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavidK wrote:
Insufficient warm up

Maybe. I mean, I always try and do 300-400 yards easy for warm-up, but I may be going harder than I think I am.

DavidK wrote:
Anxiety

I only suffer from anxiety on race day.

DavidK wrote:
Different stroke in open water (head up, wider hand entry and pull)
I have been considering this.

DavidK wrote:
No walls every 25 yards (Arms rest/pause into and off walls)

Didn't think of this one. I am going to guess that the way to overcome this is to continue to swim more OWS with longer intervals?
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit fatigue. How to overcome it? [integrator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
integrator wrote:
I used to have the vortex and had some mild fatigue. Nothing major but it was noticeable. Then I got a good deal on a Roka pro, and the difference was amazing. They way they designed the shoulder I don't feel any fatigue at all. I have been nothing but happy with the Roka.
Given, I paid a lot for that shoulder functionality, but it's been great. You could also go the cheaper route and get a sleeveless.

I tried Xterra, TYR Hurricane and the Roka Pro. After I read several posts on the Roka being more flexible and helping with fatigue, I plunked down the money. I did a test....first swam with the TYR, then the Roka....I wanted the Roka to be better....I could not tell any difference in the two. The most flexible of the 3 was the mid tier Xterra, which I regrettably had already sold.

Perhaps the Maverick X has a noticeable difference, but I am not spending that kind of money on a wetsuit....I will just wear a sleeveless and save my arms.
Quote Reply

Prev Next