Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who is going to join me doing the Auburn Triathlon May 21st, the Southwest Regional Championship? [spool] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hadn't even noticed there were no timing mats. I've criticized HITS for that before. Darn.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is going to join me doing the Auburn Triathlon May 21st, the Southwest Regional Championship? [spool] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spool wrote:
seeyouincourt wrote:
Then race sends that email saying they will "let the results stand as is" and I was thinking, what's that supposed to mean. Are they saying there is no confidence in the results?

My guess is since there were no timing mats out on the bike course, they can't discern what everyone did. So, either let the results stand as-is or DQ the entire long course field (the latter being the less desirable option of the two).

One of a few suggestions I am going to give to them is exactly this.

For the LC, then needs mats at the bottom of the bear river camp ground, and at the out and back section.

For the Oly, they need a mat at the turn around.

Would not hurt to have a mat at the ends of the run sections also.

Some folks will cheat.

Like any race, if ones swim, bike or run times are within reason, it is impossible to know if folks did the entire course. I remember seeing a person at IMLT 2013 who clearly only did one lap of the two loop course. Since there was no getting out of the water across a mat for the second lap, anyone can easily cheat on a multi lap swim course.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spool wrote:
seeyouincourt wrote:
Then race sends that email saying they will "let the results stand as is" and I was thinking, what's that supposed to mean. Are they saying there is no confidence in the results?

My guess is since there were no timing mats out on the bike course, they can't discern what everyone did. So, either let the results stand as-is or DQ the entire long course field (the latter being the less desirable option of the two).

I was DQd and don't even show in the results! Kinda bummed about that.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is going to join me doing the Auburn Triathlon May 21st, the Southwest Regional Championship? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://thepracticaltriathlete.com/...-ironman-races-left/

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply

Prev Next