Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Speed concept sizing, M or L....
Quote | Reply
Hi!
I know this has been extensively discussed, but even after reading all the post I could find on the subject I'm still struggling to choose between a size M and L SC (project one)
I'm 5'11, 33-33.5 inseam.
If I look at the SC sizing chart, it looks like I would either need a low-near Large, or I could also fit on a medium-far Medium.... (pad reach 463 and stack 635)

I'm currently on a medium P2. To be honest I feel a bit "squeezed" on my current fitting ;-)

Thanks for your help!
Quote Reply
Re: Speed concept sizing, M or L.... [northsyncro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're not 100% happy with your fit on the P2 - get it dialled on that bike (which can be adjusted easily) then order an SC based off good data. The SC is not the bike you buy when not already happy with your position.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome choice! I have a SC gen 2 as well and opted for size L.

I'm almost exactly the same height as you, but closer to 5'9''-5'10'' with the same inseam (33-33.5''). I debated the sizes as well and fine with the L. The front end has so much flexibility and I knew my legs were long enough. Have you looked at the fit guide? Page 7 has the stack/reach range: http://www.slowtwitch.com/...C_FitGuide_final.pdf

Also, Carl from Trek (posts a LOT on here and very responsive) is about our height/inseam and said he didn't feel a massive difference between M and L for folks like us.

I've ridden an older P2 in size 54 (2008) and felt squeezed as well. My last "Tri" bike was a size 56 Cervelo S5 (equivalent to about a L) and it better even though I had to get lower stack.

Unless you need to go really low in the front end and depending on the type of racing you do, I would go for an L. I'm doing Ironman distance, so being comfortable at the cost of being low was fine for me.

You can see how I look on the size L on this video (last video is close to my current fit): http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...tion%3F__P6199000-2/

Good luck!

Joe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I spoke with Carl right before I ordered my current Speed Concept and we decided on a large with a medium near stem. I could have fit on a medium but I would have the taller stem and I didn't want that look in the front end. I am almost the exact same height and inseam as you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same height same inseam. I am on a large and have zero spacers left. Couple of thoughts: I could have gone with a medium and had a slightly lighter bike and had the chance to have more adj should i want to go lower vs with a sc it has suggested to me by someone on ST that the SC its most aero when can not have spacers and just front end exposed. I also have a pretty low Cda on the large frame so would not want to change much.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Speed concept sizing, M or L.... [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5'11 and 32.7 inches inseam.

I had size M with low-far stem, which I was happy with. Adjustment wise, reach was nearly maxed out, but a size L would have been too tall. I was on the second lowest spacer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
northsyncro wrote:
Hi!
I know this has been extensively discussed, but even after reading all the post I could find on the subject I'm still struggling to choose between a size M and L SC (project one)
I'm 5'11, 33-33.5 inseam.
If I look at the SC sizing chart, it looks like I would either need a low-near Large, or I could also fit on a medium-far Medium.... (pad reach 463 and stack 635)

I'm currently on a medium P2. To be honest I feel a bit "squeezed" on my current fitting ;-)

Thanks for your help!

I'm 5.11 34 inseam and got Medium with Medium far steam.

With Medium size and your #, you are in the middle of all the possibilities, with size Large and low-near, you are almost on the edge of the charts, you only have 2cm to go lower, and you will hit limit after that, if you never plan to adjust your stack more than 2cm lower, Large is fine but Medium will give you more flexibility, will be lighter and it will be easier to adjust for UCI events.

Cancellara is 6.1 and rides Large size SC
Quote Reply
Re: Speed concept sizing, M or L.... [sebo2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all of you for advices and inputs. Well...I don't know if i'm more or less confused now :-)
Seriouly, If I get it well, both sizes would probably fit me, but medium woud allow more flexibility...right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking about getting a speed concept too. Still have my large transition that I bought in 2010, and feel like an upgrade. Had been thinking about a NP3, but from what I can gather a speed concept is more aero. i'm 5ft 11 too. Cyclenut, do you reckon I'd fit a size M? I'm 5ft 11 also...can't remember my inseam etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could take cyclenutz excellent advice and spend some time/$$$ getting the P2 dialed with a good fitter before making the SC size decision.

Regarding flexibility, while the medium will potentially allow you to go lower someday, getting lower typically includes more reach. So you can't just go off the potential stack change.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
northsyncro wrote:
Thanks to all of you for advices and inputs. Well...I don't know if i'm more or less confused now :-)
Seriouly, If I get it well, both sizes would probably fit me, but medium woud allow more flexibility...right?

Absolutely, you can fit them both right now with your numbers. In my case initial numbers were stack 667 reach 457, now I ride stack 615 reach 465, I had some back issues initially and never stretched before, once I did start to regularly stretch, the number changed dramatically, Also for short UCI TTs I go lower, and for longer 3h+ events I'm at 615.

If you get large you will have maybe 2cm to go down, after that new bike. I'm not sure how you got your numbers, but if you paid for it via some good fitter, he should be able to give you proper size of any bike the wa yit should be set up. If you didn't get fit by fitter, I would spent extra money well worth service.
Quote Reply