Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2018 Shiv
Quote | Reply
Has anyone seen some pics/spy photos of the new Shiv. Mine is I think 5 years old and a lot of miles. Would love to see if I'm waiting on the right bike. Ok, I know I'm waiting, but I just want to see some pics. It will be awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Shiv [breezy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suspect you'll be waiting for a while. My prediction is that it debuts at Kona this year. We might see some hints a month or two before that.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Shiv [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figured Kona would be the big debut. No Rush, I'm broke anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if Specialized will use a frame shape that's not double diamond. Its definitely going to have disc brakes.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Shiv [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not before 2019 and will be one bike with Tri Option
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Shiv [ogni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I asked our rep last week if a new Shiv was coming down the pipeline. He didn't say anything. However, last year around this time he told us it would be wise to get rid of our Roubaix's. He told us last week to get rid of our Tarmac's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it debuts at Kona it will arrive in shops a couple months after that, so it's of no use to you this season. Buy the best of any other brand instead.

I figure they're building another tri-bike, otherwise that expensive tunnel is sitting empty.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Specialized Shivs are both getting pretty old, so i think the only questions are when and whether they do one or two bikes (TT and Tri).

You would think that any company with their own windtunnel and multiple engineers with solid aero design credentials would be likely to do one of each. If previous examples hold, a TT-specific Shiv would show up at about the Tour of Switzerland as a pre-Tour shakeout before an official debut at the Tour. My crystal ball says very narrow with little in the way of hydration and sporting the Vias fork and inline toptube.

Tri Shiv arrives in time for Kona. Lots of integrated storage and disc brakes.

Now I haven't been right on my predictions since the P4, so obviously my crystal ball sucks, but it is fun to think of the possibilities. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand that a lot of us would like to see a new shiv. But my S works shiv is still very fast. Look what the Hoff did over last weekend, bike is still wonderful. Put mine on a diet and the results could not be better.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Shiv [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
Tri Shiv arrives in time for Kona.
2018 or 2019? :P
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Shiv [uucee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Shiv [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it here or did Lucy get a disc road bike she's teasing about? Half the images are standard rim brakes but... https://instagram.com/p/BfQz3abFBbs/
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Shiv [TriFluid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same fork as Tarmac. She is getting a disc brake Tarmac.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Folks have been saying the same thing for at least 3 years now...."Specialized will probably have something at Kona...".
Thus far there is zero evidence that Specialized has any interest in putting out a new tri frame.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Shiv [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My prediction talking to my rep, (and he is very tight lipped) is there will be one bike option. He told me to be patient as I was looking to get rid of my Shiv and buy a competitor's bike. So, one option means Pro UCI bike that will have disc brakes because the peloton is making the switch and "be patient" means we'll see it on pro teams at the start of the tour. I'll also predict that triathletes will be unimpressed by it unless it is invisible and weighs less than the competition.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Shiv [jimmytheeagle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Highly doubt a new Shiv will come out this year although they are probably getting close to putting out a new one soon. The old shiv is still a ridiculously fast even if it is getting close to getting near the 10 year mark now. I am pretty sure the new bike is going to come with a ridiculous price tag though, probably like $4500 for one with mechanical ultegra.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Shiv [jimmytheeagle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It could also mean that he doesn't want you jumping ship :)
Quote Reply