Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Can I get to 400w FTP with just pure hard work? [RudeDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My mentality of late has been to focus on my bike, but i've always put a run of at least 30 minutes after all my key bike rides, up to an hour, so I'm definitely making sure I'm prepped to race that combo.

260W for 105 minutes puts my HR at 151 bpm (my max HR is 194), so I think its a pretty reasonable expectation to ride at, assuming I can get my HR to come down out of the water. I haven't done many swim-bike workouts so maybe I should look into incorporating that.

My HR at my 7:30/mi cruise pace off the bike sits around 155 bpm on the treadmill--outside in heat will be a different story that I'll find out in the coming weeks now that it's warming up.
Last edited by: TriowaCPA: Mar 24, 17 13:04
Quote Reply
Re: Can I get to 400w FTP with just pure hard work? [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From your stats it seems like you're on track for a solid race. Either you will breakthrough (hopefully) or as pointed out, flawed testing protocols, lack of specificity (doesn't seem like the case but maybe need heat training if all your races are hot?), poor aero or poor race execution (which includes nutrition). Good luck brother

2017 races: St. George 70.3 May 6 | Madison 70.3 June 11 | IM Zurich July 30 | Chicago Marathon October 8
Quote Reply

Prev Next