Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommend me a good aerobar for my NP3
Quote | Reply
I am building a new bike from a frame. Id like to relicate my current fit, but it looks like the reach would be about 2.5cm short. I can get a longer stem... Or which aerobar would guve me the most flexibility while being the "fastest"?

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a good aerobar for my NP3 [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRig Omega X probably has you covered with arm pad reach adjustment alone. It's a very fast bar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I fitted the Zipp Vuka Stealth. I wanted a fast product that was also a quality product.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try the long stem version of the Zipp Vuka Stealth
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a good aerobar for my NP3 [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
TriRig Omega X probably has you covered with arm pad reach adjustment alone. It's a very fast bar.

Alpha X?

But yes, one of the fastest choices along with the 3T Ventus II, PRO Missile Evo, USE Tula (R1 or standard), and Felt Bayonet 3.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a good aerobar for my NP3 [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

Alpha X?

But yes, one of the fastest choices along with the 3T Ventus II, PRO Missile Evo, USE Tula (R1 or standard), and Felt Bayonet 3.

Doh! It's all greek to me :p
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
I am building a new bike from a frame. Id like to relicate my current fit, but it looks like the reach would be about 2.5cm short. I can get a longer stem... Or which aerobar would guve me the most flexibility while being the "fastest"?
Using a zipp vuka Aero on my np3. I like being able to change stems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another recommendation for the Zipp Vuka Aero. Choose your own stem.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a good aerobar for my NP3 [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at the Profile Design Svet Zero...my 2 pennies
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a good aerobar for my NP3 [Chri G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any thoughts on how does the Alumina version compare to Vuka Stealth? Tririg seems to have given it a very favorable review at some point. And it's $500 cheaper...

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
Any thoughts on how does the Alumina version compare to Vuka Stealth? Tririg seems to have given it a very favorable review at some point. And it's $500 cheaper...

I have it - it's nice enough, comfortable - but it's by no means a fast basebar. I would look at the Pro Missile basebar before that - the alloy one, or there are some other faster options (Felt's alloy option - I think the old vision bar too?)

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:

This is aging a bit, but still relevant:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...h_Vuka_Fit_3515.html

I have the Vuka Stealth. My only complaint is that moving the extensions from wide to narrow takes an act of congress. The bar otherwise serves me well and looks great on my P3.

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which size P3 and what are your fit coordinates? Still 466,661?
Which armpads do you have, or what is pad x to rear of pad?

With pad x in that range the Tririg is not an option, only suits long reach positions.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a good aerobar for my NP3 [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the new Ergo Cups, Alpha X is suitable for an even broader range of positions. Because while the actual pad reach to center might be slightly longer (by 10-20mm) for those coordinates, the pad is so long from front to back that it won't make a difference. Just keep the shifter reach the same, and you'll achieve the exact same body position while still being completely supported by the pads.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:

Enve SES or Alpha X. Enve comes with extension tilt hardware so it'll be about half the cost (street price if you look around).
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a good aerobar for my NP3 [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
With the new Ergo Cups, Alpha X is suitable for an even broader range of positions.

That is a much better looking cup, nice work.
Now I have questions:
- Stack compared to ultralight?
- Symmetrical in X axis - so the increase in offset to rear of pad is 13.5mm?
- As per image below:
- distance from z-centre of pad to centre of holes (ideally for both cups)
- Distance from z-centre of pad to base of curve
- For ultralight - distance from z-centre to start of curve

The effect on actual elbow width is going to be a lot greater than the difference in overall width, just trying to get a gauge for what the impact will be.

Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a good aerobar for my NP3 [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stack is virtually identical (to the trough of the Ergo Cups). Yes it is symmetrical across reach, so yes 13.5mm on either side. Actual arm width will be pretty similar, the curve of the Ergo Cups was made to roughly give you the same arm width position. But it may feel slightly wider, could depend on your actual arms and how you fit in each cup.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a good aerobar for my NP3 [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that.
It doesn't look like the relationship from pad centre to bolt holes is the same (in z) between pads?
Quote Reply