Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Muskoka 70.3 2017 will it ever sell out?
Quote | Reply
I've never followed this race before but looks like 2016 only had ~1200 which is super low. Was that typical, or what is the feel for possibility of Muskoka 70.3 sellout in 2017 or beyond?
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka 70.3 2017 will it ever sell out? [pooter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too close to Tremblant-takes many eastern Ontario/Quebec athletes out of the equation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1400 in 2015, 1100 in 2014, 1500 in 2013... just not a super popular race.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Mar 17, 17 19:48
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka 70.3 2017 will it ever sell out? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've got a few races out here that are hoping to be that 'unpopular'.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Muskoka 70.3 2017 will it ever sell out? [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
We've got a few races out here that are hoping to be that 'unpopular'.

I didn't think I needed to qualify it with a "for a WTC race."

:-)

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a great race and great area to vacation... one of the hardest bike course I've ever ridden I think! Was hoping to go back this year but down with pneumonia currently.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The calendar date also doesn't make much sense if it's competing with Tremblant. I know they moved it to July to accommodate the failed full IM, but they should have moved it back to Sept since there was hardly and Northern races in Sept.

Now there's Placid and Atlantic City occupying the Sept space, so I guess they're stuck with July.
Last edited by: timbasile: Mar 18, 17 9:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never followed this race before but looks like 2016 only had ~1200 which is super low. Was that typical, or what is the feel for possibility of Muskoka 70.3 sellout in 2017 or beyond?

Short answer is, "No".

The reason for that is a bit more complicated, but the key thing is that total participation numbers in the sport of triathlon have flattened out or have even dropped off.

The Ontario triathlon market is one of the oldest, most mature and sophisticated triathlon markets in North America. There was a time, I'd say back in the late 80's through the mid-90's that, it may have been one of the best places in North America to be a triathlete - and that may still be the case. A big selection of high quality races to choose from across all distances. The difference now, is there is NOT a 5% - 10% year-over-year growth that we had for the longest time. The last year in Ontario when there was real growth may have been as far back as 2010 - 2012.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just signed Up
Quote Reply