Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HOKA ONE ONE Arahi?
Quote | Reply
Has anyone run in the HOKA ONE ONE Arahi? pros? cons? I've been running in the kayanos for a long time, since 1999, but ever since the kayano 20s they have been very disappointing so unfortunately I am looking to make a switch.
Quote Reply
Re: HOKA ONE ONE Arahi? [ec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried them on. shrugs shoulders but with running shoes everyone will have their own experience.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair that will be here Monday.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got about 50-60 miles in mine. Love them. Not quiet as light as the my Claytons but they don't give me blisters on every single run. I tried Clifton3 for a while but I needed a touch of pronation support. Not sure how hot they will be in the summer.
For now , its my perfect shoe, I hope Hoka leaves it alone for a while.
Quote Reply
Re: HOKA ONE ONE Arahi? [New3901] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm interested in the Gaviota as well. If I like the Arahi, I may try them too.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a pair because I pronate so severely. They are Hoka's new Stability shoe and are a major disappointment. I am not trying to be negative here there is to much of that. But most people who pronate are very flat footed. The Hoka's have a high arch support which pushes up the arch. This absolutely killed my feet. I wore them to school for 2 weeks before running in them to try and get use to them. When I finally ran in them I started to blister around the arches. They were trying to go up against the Brooks Adrennaline and missed the mark big time.
I took them back to my local running store I won't say which one. And the sales person said they are not getting good feedback on the shoe.
I like the New Balance, the Adidas Sequence 9 and the King the Brooks Adrennaline. Try em all.
Quote Reply
Re: HOKA ONE ONE Arahi? [breezy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a pair - They are now for sale, ran for 60km total and have never suffered leg pain like it, have gone back to my New Balance and no leg pain.
Quote Reply
Re: HOKA ONE ONE Arahi? [KieranR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't heard anything good about them. I don't understand why companies keep everything so hush hush and then when it fails they are like, we never saw that coming. And they will blame it on, there just isn't a big market for stability shoes. Lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried them at a demo night at my run club. My usual shoe are the Brook's Beasts. They weren't bad, I didn't have the shin splints I get when I try different shoes although my knees weren't as happy as they are with the Beasts. They are much bouncier than the Beasts too and I wasn't digging the curved heel (I had never run in Hokas before)
Quote Reply
Re: HOKA ONE ONE Arahi? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I'm interested in the Gaviota as well. If I like the Arahi, I may try them too.

So, do you like them?
Quote Reply
Re: HOKA ONE ONE Arahi? [acco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I love these Hokas!

Quote Reply
Re: HOKA ONE ONE Arahi? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, checked out some Hokas locally, Clayton2 felt good, they didn't have my size of Clifton3, Vanquish2 was too narrow for my feet.

Just ordered a pair of Arahi online. I also see that Clifton4 is due this summer, might try them later then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They were ok. I'd run in them if the material didn't make my feet feel hot. It felt like my feet were being baked in the oven that one time I ran for 30 mins on the treadmill. It was ok outside when it was in the 50s yet they were still noticeably hot. Planned on using them as my summer shoe so had to return them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If anyone in a men's 9.5 wants to try them out I have a pair worn for 12 miles for sale. Almost brand new. PM me an offer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had a pair for a week - nice ride but they gave me monster blisters on the inside of my feet. When I returned them the guys in the shop acknowledged that some people had reported similar problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a set, about 60 miles on them. They actually don't feel like the other Hokas I've tried including the Clifton I (not enough cush for me), Stinsons (a lot of cush but no lateral support) or Bondi, 2 generations. I didn't like them outside but they ended up being perfect treadmill running shoes so that's what they are used for now.
I have flat feet, but only minor pronation, have been through the motion control shoes that never really worked, the stability, the neutral with insoles. Still haven't found the perfect shoe.
Quote Reply
Re: HOKA ONE ONE Arahi? [irongirl101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
irongirl101 wrote:
Had a pair for a week - nice ride but they gave me monster blisters on the inside of my feet. When I returned them the guys in the shop acknowledged that some people had reported similar problems.

It happened to me. I changed the insoles out to SuperFeet and wore Balega Enduro socks and have not had a problem since.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran in Kayanos for many years and then had to switch to Saucony when the Kayanos changed a few years back. Anyway, I am very happy in the Saucony Guides and Hurricanes. You might want to check those out if the Kayanos aren't working for you.

Anyway, I've always wanted to try a Hoka shoe. I ordered the Arahi about 4 weeks ago. My longest run in them has been 8 miles.

The first few runs I did not enjoy very much at all. They just felt weird, for lack of a better description. I also felt like my knees were aching a bit at the end of my runs. However, now that I've done at least 10 runs in them (varying distance of 3-8 miles each), I enjoy them and the knee pain has disappeared completely.

On the plus side, I think the hokas change my stride ever so slightly such that I don't cause as much strain on a troublesome hamstring of mine and I feel like slightly different muscles are put to use. I've been wearing them primarily for my short, recovery run days without any trouble. I've not had any issues with blisters or arch pain.

On the negative side, they are HOT. They don't have any mesh that I can see and my feet do sweat noticeably more in them (gross!). I've never had that issue with any other running shoes I've owned. I figure I'll just keep them for short, early morning runs and cooler times of the year.

Overall, I'd say they are good as an additional shoe in the rotation but will not be my "go to" running shoe.
Quote Reply