Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Am I just having a bad run or is anyone else seeing this?

No. But I recently ordered an item that requires shipping from China so I have to wait 2-3 months for it's delivery. It was one of those add-on enticements. A $3 COB LED headlamp. I'll be patient.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [racehd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had delivery issues as well. Half the time when I complain, they try to tell me that it was shipped two-day. I tell them it doesn't matter if it was shipped two-day if it takes you a week to get the item to the carrier.

As JSA said, this started after Christmas/New Years. Never had an issue before that. I would say 50% of my purchases since then have ben late. Another thing I noticed is that when they use Lazership, they wont hesitate to leave a package on your doorstep at 11pm. Never had any other delivery service leave packages that late.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [racehd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, I've had my Prime extended by about 6 months.

This latest one, that happened last night, cracks me up. I ordered sights on Mar 11. Guaranteed 2-day delivery for Mar 14. Never showed up. Contact customer service last night. They track it down and say it was either lost or damaged, so it will not be delivered. Customer service rep tells me, because of the hassle, she is going to re-order the sights for me, with the same 2-day delivery I get as a Prime member, for no additional charge! Get an email shortly thereafter saying they apologize for the inconvenience, but to make it up to me, they are going to re-order the sights for me for no additional charge!

WELL NO SHIT! I paid for the item. I never received the item. You owe me the item (or my money back). And you believe you have done something for me by placing a new order for an item for which I have already paid at no additional charge??? What fucking "additional charge" do you think you are sparing me???

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Haven't had any issues but have noticed the packaging is getting a bit weird.

Ordered a $300 gore tex jacket, it arrived nicely packaged. The very next day it was $30 cheaper, both sold by Amazon. I asked them to refund the $30. I told them I was just going to return it and order at the lower price and they would eat shipping both ways, they didn't care. Next jacket came in a box 1/5th the size of the first one. Jacket was rolled up and stuffed into a tiny box, messed up the hood from being stuffed.

Ordered some car parts this week. One order, three shipments, one hose came in a box that was 5 times bigger than it should have been.

No real complaints, just some weird packing lately.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [skinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skinny wrote:
We have started ordering more stuff just for that reason. Every time it is late, they will give a free month of Prime, or a discount on the next order.

The best one was last summer, an item appeared to be lost according to the tracking. It did say it was going to show up in two days, but no one knew where it was. I phoned to ask about it, they completed refunded my money (about $900), and told me that to use that money to order a new item if the first one never showed up. It showed up, so I got it completely free.

Not even including that one, with the discounts and the free months, I am sure we are getting Prime for free by now.

I did not know this. Is this something you have to ask for?

To JSA, yes, I definitely have ad slower service in the last year. Numerous times shippments have not made the 2 day Prime delivery deadline.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. I'm convinced it's because they're using USPS for deliveries more now. Probably 1 out of 15 orders has something weird go wrong with the shipping. Biggest one was an order I placed a couple of weeks after we moved, and the substitute mailman saw the mail forwarding note for the previous owners. So my package went ... I don't know where. It was never found. Amazon tried to blame the USPS (and it was their fault, but still!), but eventually credited my account.

It's a hard knock life ...
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [csb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point. I have noticed far more deliveries from USPS rather than all of them coming from UPS.

With the new distribution center about 30 min away, a very large portion (probably half) my deliveries now come from an Amazon delivery person. They are the absolute worst. I am pretty certain they scan packages as delivered when they throw them in their vans before heading out on delivery. I have had at least 3-4 orders show "delivered" and not arrive until much later that day or the next day.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
I just ordered you a big bag of dicks with guaranteed 2-day delivery.

Expect it in 3

To defy the laws of tradition is a crusade only of the brave.

Reach high, think big, work hard, have fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They almost completely monopolized the online market and now they can start tightening the screws....

Ipredict they either raise prime or
JSA wrote:
I, basically, do not go to the store anymore. Amazon offers damn near everything and, with Prime, it is delivered fast and free. Been very happy with them for about the last year.

Recently, however, they have been late and committed errors. I had 3 errors this week alone. Wifie ordered a sheet set for the guest room bed. It arrived late and, when it arrived, only 1 of the 3 pieces was sent. I ordered sights that were guaranteed for delivery on Tue. Never showed up. Had to contact them today and they said it must be lost and are sending a new order. Ordered 3 sets of hand wraps with guaranteed 2-day delivery. They arrived a day late and, in the box was - 2 blue wraps in a sealed pack, 2 black wraps in a sealed pack, and 1 red wrap by itself without any packaging. So, someone put those wraps in the box, had to have seen there was an issue, and said "fuck it" and sent it anyway.

Am I just having a bad run or is anyone else seeing this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
bm wrote:
I've had a few instances of Prime shipments being late (by 1 day) but I haven't had any orders that have been wrong.

Prior to the 1st of the year, I don't recall any issues, including late delivery. But, the last 2 months have been ridiculous.

I can't think of anything ridiculous that has happened in the last two months.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. On March 16th I returned to my home in Indiana and observed that my pool cover pump was no longer removing water from my pool cover. I ordered a new pool cover pump on Amazon Prime that same day with 2 day Prime delivery scheduled for March 18th. It was important that I receive the pump prior to March 19th because I was returning to Florida on a morning flight on March 20th. If the pump didn't arrive before I returned to Florida, my pool cover may fill up with water and bad stuff might happen. I won't be back in Indiana until early April.

On March 18th, I get a "delivery delay" text. I used the "contact us" tab on the Amazon website and sent a 2 or 3 sentence complaint email. Viola! Somehow my pump shows up on Sunday, April 19th and I get an email from Amazon indicating a $72.00 "courtesy refund" to my credit card.

Let it rain.

Lifeguard: "Do you need help?" Me: "No, that's just my butterfly."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're not alone. We don't order frequently, but these last three days has been a total fail on Prime's part. Apparently two-day delivery doesn't really mean "two days" any more. Three at least, if the product is even in really in stock.

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not the same trend of yours but yes to issue's.
I get the text that it was delivered, go to the door and nothing. (work from home)
what is odd is when it is delivered it's not by UPS but a random person in a car. At first I thought it might have been delivered to the wrong house, but it's a person UPS has contracted out for Amazon. So I get Sunday delivers also.
I'm in Dallas and will get some things same day that are two day prime.
But it's usually get the delivery text at 9am, get the package around 2pm
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [Garry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garry wrote:
Not the same trend of yours but yes to issue's.
I get the text that it was delivered, go to the door and nothing. (work from home)
what is odd is when it is delivered it's not by UPS but a random person in a car. At first I thought it might have been delivered to the wrong house, but it's a person UPS has contracted out for Amazon. So I get Sunday delivers also.
I'm in Dallas and will get some things same day that are two day prime.
But it's usually get the delivery text at 9am, get the package around 2pm

This happens a lot for me. Amazon has its own drivers, usually in vans marked "Amazon." In addition, Amazon has started using Uber drivers and other private carriers for deliveries.

What I suspect is happening is that, when the private delivery person loads the package into his/her car, he/she scans the package as "delivered." Then, the carrier makes the runs and drops off the package. I am quite certain that, on more than one occasion, it was an Uber driver who got a call or just felt like going home and left the package in the car until the next day, when it mysteriously shows up on my porch. Also, I have had packages dropped on my porch after midnight and once at 2 am. I really appreciate those, especially when all three dogs sound the alarm over the "intruder" ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Prime Order Placed: March 19
Part of order delivered: March 21
Other Part “shipped” March 20
Other Part “Original Estimate March 21 and is now MIA, “Now expected Mar 21 - Mar 23”

Tracking says it was received by my local post office on March 21 estimated to deliver tomorrow the 24th.

So much for 2 day… infact this was supposed to be free same day delivery…

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [bm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fucking Morons have POed me this morning. Free same day Prime if your order is over 35 bucks. I don't need this stuff today, but on general principles I am getting it even though I'm on my second phone call today with them.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and it's Saturday and you apparently have nothing better to do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
I'm really more curious than anything else. About 6-8 months ago, Amazon opened a massive distribution center in Kenosha, WI, which is just over 30 minutes from my house. Shortly thereafter, many of my Prime deliveries were arriving in 1 day, instead of 2. This continued for months. The issues with late deliveries and errors started around the first of the year. I'm wondering what changed.

Maybe the new distribution centre is poorly run. Maybe they hired a bunch of idiots.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
JSA wrote:
I'm really more curious than anything else. About 6-8 months ago, Amazon opened a massive distribution center in Kenosha, WI, which is just over 30 minutes from my house. Shortly thereafter, many of my Prime deliveries were arriving in 1 day, instead of 2. This continued for months. The issues with late deliveries and errors started around the first of the year. I'm wondering what changed.

Maybe the new distribution centre is poorly run. Maybe they hired a bunch of idiots.

No issues in the last 2 months.

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
and it's Saturday and you apparently have nothing better to do.

I went to a football game in the interim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Amazon has its own drivers, usually in vans marked "Amazon." In addition, Amazon has started using Uber drivers and other private carriers for deliveries.

And this has caused delivery to now suck. I have everything delivered to work and UPS/FedEx come to our mail room. Amazon just dumps everything in the building basement so all companies in the building have to go find packages.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Amazon Prime deliveries? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Quote:
Amazon has its own drivers, usually in vans marked "Amazon." In addition, Amazon has started using Uber drivers and other private carriers for deliveries.

And this has caused delivery to now suck. I have everything delivered to work and UPS/FedEx come to our mail room. Amazon just dumps everything in the building basement so all companies in the building have to go find packages.

Yes! I have noticed that as well.

Quote Reply

Prev Next