Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blueseventy Skull cap ripping my neck when wearing?
Quote | Reply
So, I have been wearing a blueseventy skull cap when swimming in cold water. But I have finally realized it is cutting the heck out of my neck. I swam with it a few times this week in the lake and now my neck is so raw that it is killing me.

So, are these skull caps expected to do this? Now, if worn for like a 20 minute swim, it is not enough that I notice it much. But these two swim were 70 minutes in length and the neck is raw.

So, is this normal for a blueseventy skull cap?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Last edited by: h2ofun: Mar 16, 17 13:57
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy Skull cap ripping my neck when wearing [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a skull cap, but every wetsuit I've ever worn has done this to my neck regardless of how much body glide I put on it. I just chalk it up to my anatomy.
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy Skull cap ripping my neck when wearing ?[Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Not a skull cap, but every wetsuit I've ever worn has done this to my neck regardless of how much body glide I put on it. I just chalk it up to my anatomy.

I am pretty sure it is the skull cap and not my Desoto water rover, but, I guess the only way to 100% know is to not use the skull cap and see happens. I had this happen big time at IMLT when it took me 80 minutes to swim so is it the cap or wetsuit? Then it was a current Desoto since the water rover was illegal then.

Boy if the wetsuits are doing this, and not the cap, what in the world does do to stop it! This rips my neck up so bad I might not able to swim for a while it hurts so bad.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy Skull cap ripping my neck when wearing? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried Body Glide? It helps about 90% of my wetsuit rub.
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy Skull cap ripping my neck when wearing? [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
Have you tried Body Glide? It helps about 90% of my wetsuit rub.

I have never used anything but since 99% of my swim have been under 30 minutes, never had a real issue.
It is when I have been doing these hour cold swims.

I talked with another guy who is a swimmer and his first thought was the wetsuit zipper. But since the desoto 2 piece
has no zipper, ...

He suggest Vaseline since it, IHO, would last longer than body glide? Any thoughts?

How about some type of scarf?

Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy Skull cap ripping my neck when wearing? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Body Glide or Trislide. Vaseline is petroleum based and bad for wetsuits.
Quote Reply
Re: Blueseventy Skull cap ripping my neck when wearing? [JDinMA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JDinMA wrote:
Body Glide or Trislide. Vaseline is petroleum based and bad for wetsuits.

That is what I have heard, but sure are a number of folks saying they are using Vaseline, and I assuming having no issues.

I just looked at my Desoto Waterrover and there is a bunch of stitching around the collar, so I guess this could be doing the damage.
I just put the skull cap on and it does not seem to go that low so I guess my first assumption was wrong. :(

Quote Reply