Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Renting a triathlon bike in the Netherlands
Quote | Reply
I am from Ottawa, Canada and going to race in the Netherlands this summer. Not planning to bring my bike since I hated a previous experience. Is it common to rent race bikes there ? Any city would be great (or even other cities in other countries close to Holland like Germany or Belgium)
Quote Reply
Re: Renting a triathlon bike in the Netherlands [Morro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would check Spinlister and see if you find anything on there. There is a discount in the link in my signature block if you do find something.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: Renting a triathlon bike in the Netherlands [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Morro,

Just in case you hit rock bottom and are struggling for a rental shortly before you race I will pass my experience
with Captain Tweewielers in Amsterdam.

http://racefietsverhuur.nl/stad/home-en.html
http://www.kapteintweewielers.nl

Was on the road and wanted to get in a good solid ride. They offered
a metal frame road bike with carbon fork for for 45 euro per day. I brought my own pedals and saddle to give me the best
chance for success. Long story short the bike was rock solid with 2X10 Shimano 105 the thing shifted like a charm
and was in damn good condition for a rental and even had Conti 4 seasons on it. The shop is competent and
I recommend them for a rental. The mechanic had me setup to ride on first look and the only adjustment required
was saddle tilt. I spent 7 hours on that bike and wasn't any worse for wear than my own Scott.

Long story short if you can't find a triathlon bike or a higher performance carbon machine to race on for rental, I am pretty certain
that this would be a good option that wouldn't cost you too many minutes in your race. Keep it in your back pocket if
worse comes to worse.

Good Luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which race are you going to do? It's not very common to rent racebikes here, but perhaps there are bike-shops that have 'test'-bikes. Or maybe there's a option to lend a bike from a fellow slowtwitcher ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Renting a triathlon bike in the Netherlands [TravelingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys....

For the last question of the last intervention, I am doing the World ITU Age Group in Rotterdam. Didn't want to specify, but since asked...
Quote Reply