Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Moving House Stress / therapy
Quote | Reply
So we are moving (countries) and leaving the ME for europe

So we had as part of our job a 4 double bed villa with a large living / dining area and we are; throwing away, giving away or selling everything in the house save for 6 cu m of personal items.

It is so therapeutic to literally just clean house.

50% of the stuff we keep is TV, sonos, concept 2, vasa and bikes.

Not a single piece of furniture

A little artwork

We definitely need to rationalise a little more frequently.

That said the thought of living with beanbags and cardboard boxes for 4 months is a bit off putting but c'est la vie

I am a bit stressed at the prospect of being in transition but i figure once they have removed all the stuff we are keeping and stuck it on a boat on sunday i will be better placed to get rid of more junk
Quote Reply
Re: Moving House Stress / therapy [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Getting out before the Brexit shit hits the fan?

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's nothing! Try to sell and move a house with a toddler.
Quote Reply
Re: Moving House Stress / therapy [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 under 3 is partly why we're not moving so much but just selling it and start again

We move qatar to london then consolidate it with stuff from our house which we are trying to sell and then sending it all to france

Its just mad. You can not pack anything when the kids are awake
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife thinks I'm nuts but I love to go to the dump and get rid of stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Moving House Stress / therapy [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
That's nothing! Try to sell and move a house with a toddler.

Did that twice. Luckily my wife is awesome. No way I could have handled it myself as both times were the result of job relocations which required me to start my new role before we sold the old house.

One was with a 2.5 year old and one on the way, the other was with a 4.5 year old and his 2 year old brother. Quite crazy.

drn92
Quote Reply
Re: Moving House Stress / therapy [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it is awesome - in fact what I have not told my wife is I have packed some clothes to ship, and if I do not need them in the next 4 months I just dump them when we get there :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think the VW bus will fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I had lived in the same place for 19 years in San Francisco when I was relocated to Nashville, so I only moved clothes, bikes, limited books (donated probably 200 of them to the library bookstore and sent on my Irish history books to my friend in Ireland), dishes and limited kitchen stuff and a couple of prints. It was rather liberating to get rid of a lot of stuff. And even more fun to go furniture shopping when I arrived.

Good luck!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply