Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Democrats threaten gov't shutdown.
Quote | Reply
So wait a minute? The democrats called republicans obstructionist, and the media skewered the republicans for daring to shut down the gov't, yet when democrats disagree with something like building a wall or defunding planned parenthood and are willing to shut down the gov't to prevent that, they are doing their job.

http://www.nationalreview.com/...uld-call-their-bluff

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Democrats threaten gov't shutdown. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
So wait a minute? The democrats called republicans obstructionist, and the media skewered the republicans for daring to shut down the gov't, yet when democrats disagree with something like building a wall or defunding planned parenthood and are willing to shut down the gov't to prevent that, they are doing their job.

No. You got it right. But see, the left is righteous in it's actions and the Republicans are evil do'ers. It's that simple.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, did you like it when the Pubs did it?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Democrats threaten gov't shutdown. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Just my normal bitch, the spin the media has and at this point it's more of an assumption that anything I've seen. If it's objective, I'll apologize after I get over being shocked.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did and I'm not particularly concerned if the dems do either. They should be consistently held to the same regard or disdain by others.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Democrats threaten gov't shutdown. [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Just my normal bitch, the spin the media has and at this point it's more of an assumption that anything I've seen. If it's objective, I'll apologize after I get over being shocked.

Oh it definitely isn't objective.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
They should be consistently held to the same regard or disdain by others.

That's never going to happen. Certainly not while Trump is in the GOP anyway.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last night I heard Mark Levine and he was talking about this, but he took the stance that if it was good for the democrats to bitch and complain, it is good for the republicans. I take the different stance, anybody who supported the gov't shutdown under Obama and Reps, should support it here. Anybody who didn't under the other, should be equally mad at democrats for pulling this stunt.

To me, a shut down is always a good thing. The only problem I see is that too many positions I find as non-essential get classified as such, and even those who were temporarily dismissed get back pay. I like seeing gov't bureaucrats go without or suffer job insecurity like most Americans.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Last night I heard Mark Levine and he was talking about this, but he took the stance that if it was good for the democrats to bitch and complain, it is good for the republicans. I take the different stance, anybody who supported the gov't shutdown under Obama and Reps, should support it here. Anybody who didn't under the other, should be equally mad at democrats for pulling this stunt.

To me, a shut down is always a good thing. The only problem I see is that too many positions I find as non-essential get classified as such, and even those who were temporarily dismissed get back pay. I like seeing gov't bureaucrats go without or suffer job insecurity like most Americans.

This.

It's sad how they close recreation areas that don't need so they can get pubic outrage.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really do consider myself a centrist, so to the extent that you believe me:

My observation is that Democrats are better at Politics* than Republicans. They stay in-line better too. This will be seen as the Republicans fault and the feckless Republican response will be to blame the media.

*Trump has been better at Politics than anyone so far. But he hasn't tried to get a bill passed yet so...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

When was that because there was never a shutdown. There was however a lot of fear mongering and vindictive actions by the Executive branch. Screw the GOP for not having the spine to actually give them what they claimed and instead giving the crazy left a blank check. Thats one of the reasons the GOP leadership needs to go.

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Re: Democrats threaten gov't shutdown. [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
TheForge wrote:

This.

It's sad how they close recreation areas that don't need so they can get pubic outrage.

Bingo. Add to it lying to those receiving SS and the military. Lies on top of lies and yet not a peep from so many who now somehow have a voice.

~
Quote Reply
Re: Democrats threaten gov't shutdown. [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:

My observation is that Democrats are better at Politics* than Republicans. They stay in-line better too. This will be seen as the Republicans fault and the feckless Republican response will be to blame the media.

*Trump has been better at Politics than anyone so far. But he hasn't tried to get a bill passed yet so...

Much better.

~
Quote Reply
Re: Democrats threaten gov't shutdown. [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rodred wrote:
ajthomas wrote:

Much better.

No. He has played the game as well as anyone thus far but shit doesn't get serious until he gets a bill passed. I am not a hypocrite: if he gets meaningful legislation passed I won't dispute his effectiveness as a politician.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They should be consistently held to the same regard or disdain by others.

Quote Reply
Re: Democrats threaten gov't shutdown. [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rodred wrote:
BLeP wrote:

When was that because there was never a shutdown. .

Has there been a shutdown by the Dems?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was one in 2013. Other shutdowns since 1976

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/09/25/here-is-every-previous-government-shutdown-why-they-happened-and-how-they-ended/?utm_term=.ec65ebe77466
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Rodred wrote:
BLeP wrote:

When was that because there was never a shutdown. .

Has there been a shutdown by the Dems?

Manners Moosehumper. You didn't answer my question.

~
Quote Reply