Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fitness tracking apps/websites
Quote | Reply
Right now I'm using a bunch of different online services to keep track of my stuff. It's kind of a hassle and I'm not tracking all the data I'd like.
Would appreciate suggested alternatives.

What works for me:
- I really like TrainerRoad, but it doesn't track my TSS for swimming, running, or outdoor rides
- myfitnesspal is what I'm using to keep track of energy intake vs. energy output - very important part of weight management for me
- also like the myfitnesspal weight graph
- beginnertriathlete.com has a graphic that shows my total training time per week and what proportion was swim, bike, run, or other
- Web-based service is better for me than a single dedicated app on my computer or phone

What I'd like:
- keep track of total TSS weekly
- combine the above features into a single service or website
- would consider other kinds of data tracking if it would be likely to help me

Maybe my "ideal" site/service doesn't exist - if so, would appreciate what services/sites you use and what you like about them.
Also please share if there are "big picture" training metrics you find very beneficial that I'm not getting now.
Quote Reply
Re: Fitness tracking apps/websites [alathIN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Training Peaks or Sporttracks would be your best bet IMO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
training peaks, can usually find a 20% discount code floating around as well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrainingPeaks. It syncs with Garmin Connect, Strava and TrainerRoad so it will will automatically collect all your workout data plus it syncs with myfitnesspal too. It will track TSS for multiple disciplines too. You can manually enter any metrics you have that are not automatically synced I think you need the premium version for all those features but it is well worth the $99/yr (less if you can find a 20% off code)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hands down TrainingPeaks is going to be your best bet, especially since they have the capability to sync to the other services you use. For a quick look at some of the charts they do, this was my "annual recap" from last year: http://aftriathlonguy.blogspot.co.uk/...015-part-2-by-s.html

It also syncs with MyFitnessPal: https://help.trainingpeaks.com/...94-MyFitnessPal-Sync

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alathIN wrote:
Right now I'm using a bunch of different online services to keep track of my stuff. It's kind of a hassle and I'm not tracking all the data I'd like.
Would appreciate suggested alternatives.

What works for me:
- I really like TrainerRoad, but it doesn't track my TSS for swimming, running, or outdoor rides
- myfitnesspal is what I'm using to keep track of energy intake vs. energy output - very important part of weight management for me
- also like the myfitnesspal weight graph
- beginnertriathlete.com has a graphic that shows my total training time per week and what proportion was swim, bike, run, or other
- Web-based service is better for me than a single dedicated app on my computer or phone

What I'd like:
- keep track of total TSS weekly
- combine the above features into a single service or website
- would consider other kinds of data tracking if it would be likely to help me

Maybe my "ideal" site/service doesn't exist - if so, would appreciate what services/sites you use and what you like about them.
Also please share if there are "big picture" training metrics you find very beneficial that I'm not getting now.

Just as a heads-up on tracking outdoor ride TSS: our team is hard at work getting this feature for release this outdoor season (N. Hemisphere). With it you'll be able to track all your cycling data—indoor & outdoor—smack-dab in one spot!

Stay tuned!

Get Faster with TrainerRoad
Quote Reply