Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ribble branded bikes- great bang for the buck?
Quote | Reply
I recently got a marketing email from Ribble, directing me to their house branded TT bike: http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/...-aero-tt-matt-black/

At ~$1400 shipped, this looks like a hell of a deal for those of us not in the superbike market, but more in the "getting into the sport" or "only need a TT bike for a few races a year". Anyone out there with experience? I know it would not be as fast as the latest $5k or even $3K offering, but a new carbon bike with 5800 at this price seems like a better deal than a used (with questionable history) at a lower spec. For clarity, I am in no way affiliated with Ribble, I am however trying to justify adding a TT bike to my stable and am working on the future dialogue with my wife....

"It never gets easier, you just go faster."
-Greg LeMond

Quote Reply
Re: Ribble branded bikes- great bang for the buck? [gluestick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't pull the trigger but looked into them. Seem to get good reviews it that helps.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TTT

Anyone seen one of these in person? Seems like a pretty sweet deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Ribble branded bikes- great bang for the buck? [cbump] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know ribble have used a lot of brought in frames in the past and rebranded them, at one point they were using dedacciai, theyre 872 fromthe other year was a rebaged DeRosa frame, so bith good brands there...

does this fram look similar to any other manufacturers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously considered but decided to build from scratch. Read good reviews. I think you should be in good hands.

Seems like it should be more popular on the other side of the pond.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know anything about their bikes, nor do I recognize the frame. I do know that they have the stack labeled incorrectly in the geometry diagram.
Quote Reply