Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Skora running shoes
Quote | Reply
I am looking at running shoes with a wider toe box. I have tried Altras. They were an improvement, but I was looking for a shoe with a slightly wider toe box. A friend of mine recommended Skora Tempo shoes. Does anyone have experience with them? What possible alternatives would you recommend ?

Thanks,
Brian
Quote Reply
Re: Skora running shoes [bpe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in the same boat as you. As far as I can tell, Skora is at best completely out of stock and at worst might be out of business. I've been specifically looking for low stack (~12mm) and low drop (0-4mm) wide toe box running shoes. There aren't many options left since New Balance stopped making the MR00. If you don't mind a trail shoe, there is the New Balance MT10 (4mm drop, ~16mm stack) which comes in a 2e width. The Topo ST2 (0 drop, 16mm stack) is supposed to have a wide-ish toe box as well, but I haven't tried it yet.

I have a bunch of shoes on order that I'll be testing out for fit including a couple Vibram Five Fingers (I can't believe I even ordered them given what they look like), a couple pair of Inov-8, and a pair of Mizuno Wave Ekiden 10's. I'll let you know if any of those work out and match up to my flipper feet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried a pair of Skora Tempo last year and I only ever ran in them once. The volume of the shoe was too low for me. I had to remove the insole to get enough space, The toe box as far as I remember was decently wide, just the whole shoe was too low. My main problem was the heel. I did a 3km run to try them out, felt a little discomfort at the back of my foot from about mid way through and when I and got home I discovered I had no skin left on my heels. There was almost no padding or elasticity on the heel cuff and it did a lot of damage in just 10-15 minutes. I did a half marathon the following weekend with bandages on the back of my feet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've run in the Skora Tempos and really liked them. Unlike their leather models they weren't crazy expensive and I was able to get a lot of milage and some fast times out of them. I would still be running in them if they were available. They've been "out of stock" since last summer and given how quiet the company has been (nothing on social media, no updates on their webpage or email list serve, etc) if put my money on them being out of business.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Skora running shoes [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sell you a pair?
Skora Tempo, Blue, Size 8.5
Quote Reply
Re: Skora running shoes [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a 9.5, otherwise I'd jump on it

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Skora running shoes [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone mentioned in a previous thread that they are out of business.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both the Phase and Fit. Blew out the toe box on both, however holes are small and didn't get any larger. I continue to wear them - mostly because they pack down to almost nothing in my suitcase. They are also great for both short runs and gym work.

The Phase I cannot wear for too long when running (1-2 hours depending on trails/roads), as I have a long second and third toe. It rubs it raw if my socks are too thin (usually my thicker wool injinji toe socks solve this problem). The heel can also give me issues (and the design is similar in other models, keep that in mind).

Once I broke-in the Fit's, I haven't needed to wear socks except for longer runs (the insole can rub the inside-bottom of my foot), however I really use these mostly for gym work.

This all said, I really hope they aren't out of business because I would really love another pair of Fit's for gym/travel when these eventually fall apart. Like I said, I blew out the sides, but this happens with basically any pair of shoes I own, and it hasn't gotten any worse and I ABUSE and travel with these shoes. I have short, wide feet with very high arches (likely why I do well with minimalist/no footwear). Other than that, the quality is great.

Not to 7500 this thread (if you get that joke, we're best internet friends), if anyone has a recommendation for a similar fitting shoe that can be packed down to nothing, I'd greatly appreciate it.

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Quote Reply
Re: Skora running shoes [boobooaboo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boobooaboo wrote:
....if anyone has a recommendation for a similar fitting shoe that can be packed down to nothing, I'd greatly appreciate it.
The Merrell minimalist shoes might be worth a try.
I run in Merrell Bare Access 4 most of the time. They are very light, zero heel/toe drop, lightly cushioned and pack away to nothing. I have very wide short feet and these are one of the very few shoes I've found that fit well.
The Merrell Trail Gloves, Road Gloves and Vapor Gloves have similar fit and even greater packability. The Vapors hardly exist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use them for short easy runs. Anything more than that and I'm in pain. It's akin to running in aquasocks, but I guess that's what you want if you're looking at a brand like Skora.

ETA: The Tempos actually look like really solid shoes... Now I'm interested in giving Skora a try again.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Last edited by: cloy26: Mar 16, 17 7:45
Quote Reply
Re: Skora running shoes [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks...and at $85 very reasonable price if they last a while (which they will - most layovers are treadmills and gyms).

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am fond of the Merrell. I loved the Sonic Glove, but they got rid of them.

I have been using the Vapor Gloves, and they are great, but word of warning that if you need some form of cushion they are not for you. They only have 5mm soles. But they are zero drop.

I have a pare of Skora Phase, and they cause a large amount of pressure on the back of the heel (Lower achilles area), one of my friends had the same issue with a pair he bought also. Also appear a little cheaply made.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've just worn out a pair of Skora Base. I run without socks and it was the inner lining that wore out that prompted me to throw them out. These were the ones with velcro strap. Had absolutely no problems with them, but then I can run in most anything. At the time I had those I was alternating between Inov-8 barelite something or other, Brooks Pure Cadence 2 and the Skora.

Moot point anyway as they do seem to have disappeared from the market place.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply