Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump’s Defense Secretary Cites Climate Change as National Security Challenge [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or maybe I think you get so caught up on winning that you get tunnel vision. Two or three conversations with the same person becomes 20 pages of people who "find my debates fruitful." Just like I really think you believe things you say after having it pointed out to you that your own statements are in conflict with past ones. Or instance where you change the basis of your arguments by expanding single point across whole statements or conversations. Somebody asked you if you were human the other day and you asked if that was an adjective or noun? Who says that crap? Seriously. Do you have trouble working in an office with other people? Do you find it hard to work in teams?

Having met you I can only come think there are three options as to what you are/doing:

1. You really think you are the smartest person here and feel the need to convince everybody else with big fancy words that really stick out in casual conversation.

2. You simply like annoying people.

3. You a socially awkward, and really have no clue how weird your behavior is and see no issue with it.

I think it is the first one based on an anecdote you told me. When I used to do fraud investigations, that was a common trait among the more creative and deliberate frauds I saw perpetuated. Arguing with them about whether they did it or if it was right or wrong was useless, they would just fabricate some nonsensical theory or justification. However, playing to the person's sense of superiority in terms of intellect and ego was quite effective at getting them to open up once they were caught and telling you everything you needed for an evidence packet.

Is that what you want? For us to recognize your intellectual superiority?

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Trump’s Defense Secretary Cites Climate Change as National Security Challenge [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First his pro-Communist AGW positions, and now his pro-radical Islam sympathies start to emerge. When do the charges of America Hater start to fly, or does that only apply to Democrats?

Mattis' Pentagon pick seen as supporter of Muslim Brotherhood, group Trump may outlaw

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Trump’s Defense Secretary Cites Climate Change as National Security Challenge [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Somebody asked you if you were human the other day and you asked if that was an adjective or noun? Who says that crap? Seriously.

people interested in understanding what the person means . if i asked through text if you were hot, am i asking if you are good looking or sweating? its hard to know without context. it would be even harder if i had used the word hot in both ways in the conversation.

as for the rest, i get along well with almost everyone. i work quite well i teams. i dont have a need for anyone to recognize or validate my intelligence.

i relish debate. its a fantastic way to spend some time. i spend quite a bit of time reading science and philosophy. logic and epistemology are probably as fun to me as guns are to you. its clear you spend a ton of time reading about guns. you know a lot about them. much more than most. notice i never challenge you when you give specifics about them. ive asked you questions and taken you at your word. we just have different hobbies. sorry mine frusturstes you.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply

Prev Next