Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Slowman: High School poll [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Historically there have been no varsity teams and competition in cycling in High School.

There are in more advanced countries ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: High School poll [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did we go ton the same high school?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: High School poll [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd cut gym, take the computer lab key from teacher's lounge, and spend that time programming in C instead. No sports.

I was a menace on 2 wheels outside of school. Not competitive. I rode because it was fun. Like others mentioned there was no cycling program in schools.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: High School poll [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
But golf isn't a team sport and I didn't study or smoke dope...

I don't know why you confuse the issue by stating that golf isn't a team sport. It's not a sport at all (so why bother worrying about the team aspect?)

to (mis)quote Mark Twain "golf is nothing but a good walk spoiled". Or as my buddies brother (golf pro) says, "golf is the long way to the bar"

Pink? ;-)

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: High School poll [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
Slowman wrote:
"Of all the polls lately, this one has the most glaring omission...."chasing girls""
smoking dope and team sports are each subfolders under the chasing girls mainheading.

In a similar vein, swimming and smoking dope have a lot of overlap, since it is my impression that a majority of swimmers smoke the "evil weed". :)

Only the good ones. Helps with hypoxic training according to Phelps.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: High School poll [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
What about cycling and triathlon? That seems to be a glaring omission to me.

That is what I was thinking. Started racing bikes when I was 15.

Re: Slowman: High School poll [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tridork wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
Slowman wrote:
"Of all the polls lately, this one has the most glaring omission...."chasing girls""
smoking dope and team sports are each subfolders under the chasing girls mainheading.

In a similar vein, swimming and smoking dope have a lot of overlap, since it is my impression that a majority of swimmers smoke the "evil weed". :)

Only the good ones. Helps with hypoxic training according to Phelps.

Ya, they're so tired from their 80-100K per week that they need some good weed to help relax. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: High School poll [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan, you may want to take one off of team sports ticks there and add it to "ran" for me--as I ran XC & track (the years the school system had enough $ for a track team that is...2 or 4 years that is...) Anyhow, I voted team vs ran as these were both team sports. That's how I interpreted it.

It was always running for the team win, not the individual glory win.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: High School poll [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
None of the answers really matched well for me. A combination of the last three would have been good. I picked one of the last 2 because I never made varsity at anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: High School poll [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tridork wrote:
"golf is the long way to the bar"

Never heard that one before

#saving4later

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: High School poll [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was doing an unrelated search and I stumbled across this thread. Reading thru it, I realized, to my surprise, that Slowman is pretty damned funny. Of the various human attributes that we all exhibit to various degrees, like "considerate", "honorable", "self-disciplined", and "great ass", being "pretty damned funny" has gotta be in the top 5 of most admirable.

This is a brown nosing free post. No, really.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply

Prev Next