Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tool [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
getcereal wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
getcereal wrote:
Meh! Don't get me wrong they sound awesome, but I think when I last saw them, It was the "Try to find Maynard on the stage tour".

Saw them last night in Hershey, same deal.. Maynard spent the entire show standing in one spot at the back in shadow, and didn't join the rest of the band at the front of the stage when they were applauding the crowd at the end.

Great show though, glad I got to catch them again (and actually remember it this time!)

Setlist - http://www.setlist.fm/...hey-pa-43e7cbd3.html

That's to bad. I love the group but I can't support them if their front man is hiding in the shadows.

Here you go.. a fun game of "Where's Maynard?"

http://imgur.com/gallery/rpdpS

Hahaha If you design a game or ap I would definitely buy it!
Quote Reply
Re: Tool [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
That's to bad. I love the group but I can't support them if their front man is hiding in the shadows.

Why would you abandon three because only the fourth is doing his new performance gimmick? (He's on record as saying something like, "I've made a career out of not explaining why I do these odd things in my art.") Their musicianship and his singing/lyrics are second to none, so ignore the guy's live performance art shtick and enjoy the incredible music.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Tool [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
getcereal wrote:

Why would you abandon three because only the fourth is doing his new performance gimmick? (He's on record as saying something like, "I've made a career out of not explaining why I do these odd things in my art.") Their musicianship and his singing/lyrics are second to none, so ignore the guy's live performance art shtick and enjoy the incredible music.

Because I paid full price for my tickets not 3 quarters.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last night, dark "clothing", positioning not at the front but not hidden either.
When I saw them tour for Lateralus, totally hidden behind the drum kit. White suit but no view of him at all.

I had excellent seats and really enjoyed the show. Would have loved another 30-45 min though and to hear anything off Undertow.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tsunami wrote:
Last night, dark "clothing", positioning not at the front but not hidden either.
When I saw them tour for Lateralus, totally hidden behind the drum kit. White suit but no view of him at all.

I had excellent seats and really enjoyed the show. Would have loved another 30-45 min though and to hear anything off Undertow.

Based on what I could see from our seats (floor, just to the left of the mixing board) I commented to my buddy that it looked like he was wearing some kind of body armour plus headgear or something. Turns out that's been his thing for a while now.. police riot gear.

Last edited by: WelshinPhilly: May 26, 17 13:31
Quote Reply
Re: Tool [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last tri in 83 wrote:
They've been replaced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYKLvYGqaC0

I never get tired of seeing that. I love the bassist and the drummers passion. Those doods are loving playing. Everyone else looks too serious. The drummer freakin nails that song.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly why I put the word clothing in quotes! The dude next to us called this "Tactical Maynard". I believe he had knee pads on as well. Plays in to the end of intermission - now loading player 2. Made me think of paintball or laser tag or something.

Incidentally, so as you looked at the stage, the sound board was to your right? I was right above the hockey benches, so potentially just to your left.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Tool [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Maynard James Keenan Tells Snowflakes To Be Respectful

Boston, MA – Legendary rock band, Tool, closed out the Boston Calling music festival on Sunday night, and frontman Maynard James Keenan took a moment to call for respect for law enforcement and military.

Tool just launched a new tour after they haven’t released an album in a decade. There have been rumors about their next album coming out for the past few years, but no information on the album appears to be finalized.

The band has resisted music streaming and their music is not available on Spotify or Apple Music. When the band headlined Sunday’s Boston Calling festival, they were likely playing to many in the crowd who had never even heard of them, but they made a hell of a first impression.

“As artists, we interpret and report, that’s our job. We are merchants of emotion,” Tool frontman Maynard James Keenan announced, according to WZLX.

“We have the privilege to do that because of active and former law enforcement and military defending our right to do so,” Keenan continued. “Those of you who are law enforcement and military, your job is to defend our right to act like whining, entitled snowflake assholes. Snowflakes, your job is to respect that I’m fucking doing that for you… Divided we fall. Don’t believe the hype dumb-dumbs, we’re all in this together.”

The crowd delivered a lukewarm applause, unsure if they were being insulted, according to WZLX. UPDATE: People who say that they were at the concert said that the crowd erupted in applause.

Maynard James Keenan is a U.S. Army veteran who served in the early eighties before forming Tool in 1990.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Tool [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tsunami wrote:
Incidentally, so as you looked at the stage, the sound board was to your right? I was right above the hockey benches, so potentially just to your left.

Yeah.. we were almost level with the rear of the sound board enclosure.
Quote Reply

Prev Next