Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: SRAM eTap Rear Derailluer Failure [cfos118] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At that point I would probably just eBay it, and buy Di2.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM eTap Rear Derailluer Failure [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
afraid it's sram etap only on my frame or back to mechanical (no thanks). I will stick with etap for the time being.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM eTap Rear Derailluer Failure [cfos118] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cfos118 wrote:
afraid it's sram etap only on my frame or back to mechanical (no thanks). I will stick with etap for the time being.

New bike time!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
cfos118 wrote:

New bike time!

Always time for a new bike.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM eTap Rear Derailluer Failure [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Always time for a new bike.

If only wives felt the same way. :)
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM eTap Rear Derailluer Failure [GingerAvenger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just had my eTap rear der. fail today.
It seemed to "fall asleep" during my previous ride, but would "wake up" after a front shift. Since this only happened twice, I brushed it off and forgot about it.
Today, 30 Km into a ride, nothing. Nada. No movement. No shift for you.

- Shifters work
- FD works
- All four batteries have juice.
- Green LED lights up on RD when I press the shift button
- Bought in May 2018
- Ridden 2,800 Km

-----
coming soon...
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM eTap Rear Derailluer Failure [alex_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like the servo motor is toast. Your 2x11 is now a 2x1.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup. That's inline with symptoms. Hoping my lbs will show some love

-----
coming soon...
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM eTap Rear Derailluer Failure [alex_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_m wrote:
Just had my eTap rear der. fail today.
It seemed to "fall asleep" during my previous ride, but would "wake up" after a front shift. Since this only happened twice, I brushed it off and forgot about it.
Today, 30 Km into a ride, nothing. Nada. No movement. No shift for you.

- Shifters work
- FD works
- All four batteries have juice.
- Green LED lights up on RD when I press the shift button
- Bought in May 2018
- Ridden 2,800 Km

Go through the full pairing process. You describe a somewhat similar situation I had mid way through a ride, and it ended up being that some how it unpaired itself. A friend happened to roll up to me with etap and said I should try to pair it... lo and behold, that solved the issue. He and another friend have had the same issue as me, so it’s not that uncommon to happen with etap,
Last edited by: wetswimmer99: Aug 22, 18 19:21
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM eTap Rear Derailluer Failure [wetswimmer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would green LED on the RD light up if it were unpaired?
In any case, will try pairing and report back.

-----
coming soon...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They may give you outstanding service like they did me,when my wired Red RD blew apart for no reason. I contacted them & they wanted my shop to deal with it. My shop said the RD from Red early on were crap & they don't know why SRAM would say bring it to them, just because I bought it there. It was just past warranty but still, had to fork over for a new RD. Same with shifters--replace R2C's many times with rebuilds..."Don't Make the Leap" is what the motto should read. Shimano or go home next time for me.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM eTap Rear Derailluer Failure [wetswimmer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just tried pairing the system again.
No dice.
Bo-urns.

-----
coming soon...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just had this same issue and contacted SRAM. They quickly replied instructing me to return the derailleur with proof of purchase to the bike shop where I originally bought my etap group set. Unfortunately, I am not in the same country where I originally bought it a few years ago so I cannot return it to the bike shop for warranty replacement. So now I have a nice expensive paper weight :-)
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM eTap Rear Derailluer Failure [Aboy Dekid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or what happens when the place you purchased from no longer bike exists... “going back to the original supplier “ is an odd requirement for sure I get why they do that - I believe they are trying their best to protect the local bike shops, which I can respect and opposite of Shimano who does nothing to help LBS. in my case, not RD, but blip and battery, another LBS has been helping me and I haven’t gotten the run around. That leads me to believ the LBS where ever you are now located can help along with their SRAM dealer, if they wanted to.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM eTap Rear Derailluer Failure [Aboy Dekid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aboy Dekid wrote:
I just had this same issue and contacted SRAM. They quickly replied instructing me to return the derailleur with proof of purchase to the bike shop where I originally bought my etap group set. Unfortunately, I am not in the same country where I originally bought it a few years ago so I cannot return it to the bike shop for warranty replacement. So now I have a nice expensive paper weight :-)

I had the same thing happen when my right shifter fell apart, and the original LBS was a long ways away. I found the closest LBS near me that was a SRAM dealer, and they were able to arrange a full (free) replacement with SRAM.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM eTap Rear Derailluer Failure [Tailwind10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi did anyone sort out the orange flashing light on the sram etap shifter
Quote Reply

Prev Next