Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Iceland
Quote | Reply
Spent last week there. Great place, easy to get around, beautiful landscapes everywhere, good (but expensive) food. Nice well kept farms dotting the landscape with small towns here and there once outside the Reykjavik area. People seemed friendly and laid back. Can't wait to go back someday.

Had Puffin which reminded me of duck, and whale which doesn't taste like chicken but beef.
Quote Reply
Re: Iceland [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Going in August where my wife is running the Reykjavik Marathon, spending a few days afterwards exploring the countryside. Can't wait!

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Iceland [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
Going in August where my wife is running the Reykjavik Marathon, spending a few days afterwards exploring the countryside. Can't wait!

Saturday morning saw a fair number of people out jogging around Reykjavik and I said to my wife "I wonder if there is a Reykjavik marathon". Now I know. Let me know if you have any questions about where to go, eat, etc. Only spent one day/night in Reykjavik but other places we stayed were within a couple of hours drive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, my wife has been once before; going to a few places she saw on her last trip but also heading to Vik based on multiple recommendations

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Iceland [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
Thanks, my wife has been once before; going to a few places she saw on her last trip but also heading to Vik based on multiple recommendations

We stayed a night in Vik. Very pretty, woke up to a dusting of snow. There's suppose to be an awesome trek near there, up between the 2 glaciers. Snowed in this time of the year but I imagine in August pretty ideal time to do it. This time of year not too many tourists about. I got the impression that in the summer that area would be pretty overflowing with tourists and there aren't that many places about. So book early. Vik is probably only a 1000 person town at best. My impression is that most places were trying to get the infrastructure in place to deal with the increase in tourism.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://adequateman.deadspin.com/...d-amazing-1792649369

Sorry, I haven't gotten the opportunity to use that yet :)

I've heard it's beautiful, it's been quite the popular destination the past few years but that usually means it's worth the trip.
Quote Reply
Re: Iceland [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
http://adequateman.deadspin.com/...d-amazing-1792649369

Sorry, I haven't gotten the opportunity to use that yet :)

I've heard it's beautiful, it's been quite the popular destination the past few years but that usually means it's worth the trip.

Funny, both my wife and I thought parts of it looked like Wyoming but wetter.
Quote Reply