Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Varia Headlight Mounts?
Quote | Reply
Hey Guys,

I got a spiffy new Varia Headlight and Radar tail light, so I'm looking forward to being much safer out on the road.

The problem is, the only mount I have for the headlight, is the "Out front mount", which is meant to be mounted on a round handlebar, leaving me without a place to mount it on my tri bike.

I asked Garmin if they had anything else, and was told they only make the one mount.

The key on the light is the opposite of Garmin computers and the tail light, so I can't just hijack one of those.

Does anyone know of someone that makes an aftermarket mount for this?

Help!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Varia Headlight Mounts? [dgreer27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some mounts allow changing the orientation of the key. Look at K-Edge perhaps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you ever figure out a solution to mounting this to tri bars? I'm in the prefer more visibility camp too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks like another one of those "our way or the highway" moves by a major manufacturer. They are in love with their "top and bottom" all-in-one mount and can't imagine why you would want(or need) anything else so they made the head light with a female socket just the opposite of everything else. There are excellent 22.2 clamps for mounting Garmin on the aerobars (Zipp is mine) but of course, they are all female sockets. Apparently the only alternative is a 3-D printed male clamp. I found an ad for a company selling one (I know nothing about them - no connection) which looks like it could easily drilled for a bolt to attach it to an female aerobar mount.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/9BU3SLRNU/garmin-edge-quarter-turn-male-mount-for-phone-cas?li=gmerchant&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CjwKEAjw387JBRDPtJePvOej8kASJADkV9TLfAVM2ghRfjJRPiV6MnBCXIFmGqvb56XpLfFVqawSlRoC3mHw_wcB

This is the only thing I have found that will move the headlight mount off the nonexistant handle bar mount setup.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Varia Headlight Mounts? [trimule] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys should reach out to Glen Alden of Alden Designs. I bet he can make you a mount for the camera that bridges between your extensions
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Varia Headlight Mounts? [awkwardtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ended up using the provided mount, but had to use it upside-down and mount it on the very inside of my base bars. The light is wrong-side up, but I was able to get it sturdy and facing in the right direction.

Not ideal, but it's working well.

Funny you should reply today, because I have to put it back on after racing yesterday. It's not very aero, you know!

;-)
Quote Reply