Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Talk me out of the Biknd Helium [bikndtravelcase] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bikndtravelcase wrote:
We have recently upgraded the Helium v4 to include new nylon airbags and plastic exterior sheeting to provide more protection plus many more features.
Can you tell what experiences people have had with the Helium cases (all generations) and flying Hawaiian Airlines after their "No soft cases" policy?
Quote Reply
Re: Talk me out of the Biknd Helium [uucee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is an old thread but pops up most prominent when searching for Biknd. I haven't been able to get them to answer any emails and seems their products are out of stock at retailers but their website is still operational and accepts orders. I've begun to think they are no longer in business and I see a couple BBB complaints filed indicating the same. I've had an order pending for a new bladder and some small parts since August of 2022. They took my money but it's still showing "in process."

I know they used to be affiliated with Devinci bikes so I've reach out to them to see if they can tell me whether Biknd is still a an ongoing concern.

I'm just raising this here in case anyone thinks about buying off their site -- I'm doubtful it will ship.
Quote Reply
Re: Talk me out of the Biknd Helium [teamsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do not go there, we had 4 cases for hire, had about 8 airbags replaced and in the end they said they developed new stronger airbags and that were going to send the,
Never came, never arrived and they never gave any reaction to further send emails. Eventually we threw the 4 cases away.

Shitty quality, but a good idea.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Talk me out of the Biknd Helium [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shitty quality, but a good idea.

I have a Biknd Helium Case/Bag that I have flown all over the place with. I have often thought that it may be one of the best bike travel cases out there.

Checks all the boxes - Easy in and out for the bike. Great protection for bike and durable for the wear and tear of travel. Awesome extra storage and if needed you can take a whole extra wheelset. Phenomenal maneuverability. Because the exterior is reasonably pliable you can fit it in places that a fully rigid case will not go - back seat of certain cars as an example. Supporting a Canadian company! :-)

The air bladder on one side does not hold air. Like others - I've had no luck trying to track down a replacement. My solution has been to just shove an old unused ThermaRest Camping Sleep Pad in there! It essentially offer the same level of protection. If the Bladder on the other side goes - I'll do the same on that side!

I sense that the brand and the business has kind of been mothballed but I don't know 100%.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Talk me out of the Biknd Helium [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume they are out of business because I ordered a part listed as in stock on the website and after 45 days it didn't arrived (never shipped). Multiple emails in that time were unanswered. I rejected the charges and it was uncontested.
Quote Reply
Re: Talk me out of the Biknd Helium [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sadly I have a very similar experience recently too. Website is operational, they will take your money and give you an order number but nothing shipped, zero communication.
Quote Reply
Re: Talk me out of the Biknd Helium [teamsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't do it. I have the case and love it but the company is defunct by any discernible measure. you simply cannot reach them and replacement bladders have been unavailable on their parts page for over a year.

I hope someone buys them and restarts it because it's a great idea. I ended up going to the upholstery store and getting some sturdy foam to replace the leaking bladder.
Quote Reply
Re: Talk me out of the Biknd Helium [SusanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve used tube patches to some success but still have slow leaks. I’ve considered putting in a few ounces of orange seal to see if it would fill the holes but haven’t had to fly again. My wife is doing Kona this year so need to get something figured out before then, likely a new case. Might just go the tribiketransport route but hate to be out of a bike for so long.
Quote Reply
Re: Talk me out of the Biknd Helium [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for negative feedback on Biknd's Helium V4.

Ok - don't get one

Use the money for something that might benefit the greater good: like a homeless shelter or animal rescue

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next