Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Neighbor started a band [mustangchef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harmonica? I sure that band needs more cowbell!

Quote Reply
Re: Neighbor started a band [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go buy a cheap used lawn mower. Remove the muffler. Buy several bags of pea gravel and dump on the ground at the property line. Whenever they're not playing, start the mower and run over the gravel a bunch. Make sure you shoot it onto his property.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
onceatriathlet3 wrote:
My worst nightmare has become a reality. My neighbor has started a band. They practice in their garage at random times of the day and night. In fact, they have had full concerts there before.

I have checked curfews for noise rules and violations, and they are breaking them. They also break the decibel level during the day time as well. I've just used an app on my phone to check so it's nothing super official.

I've contacted my local police department and have filed several complaints. I do not know if the PD has issued a citation or not...I thought that might help stop if they did.

I have not reached out to them in person yet. I know that's something, but I wanted to keep my identity hidden to them until I weigh all the outcomes and possibilities.

Is something that comes up in small claims court? Do I have a case with any weight to get them to stop?

Someone already asked, but didn't see you reply. Is the garage door open or closed? If they are practicing with the garage door open, then its a pretty dick move and yeah, I can see how not only you, but everyone wold be pissed. Are you the only one in the vicinity that has an issue with the noise?

If they have their door closed, how loud can it really be? You must be next door or directly across the street for it to have a chance to bother you, however, they can easily fix that by soundproofing the garage door with some quick and basic work. Maybe drop him an anonymous note in his mailbox asking him to.

People practice in their garages all the time in bands. As long as the door is closed it shouldn't really be that big of an issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Neighbor started a band [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lunchbox wrote:
Go buy a cheap used lawn mower. Remove the muffler. Buy several bags of pea gravel and dump on the ground at the property line. Whenever they're not playing or preferably at 3 AM, start the mower and run over the gravel a bunch. Make sure you shoot it onto his property.

Added a little something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just go over there every time they play and bum all of their beer.
Quote Reply

Prev Next