Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Google before there was Google...
Quote | Reply
I'm sure some of the machinist's & pEng's have crossed paths with this reference Worth every penny even now. It never has connection issues and results pushed to the top because someone paid more money to be relevant.
Quote Reply
Re: Google before there was Google... [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.masswerk.at/google60/

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: Google before there was Google... [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The card might fit in your pocket but the machine needed to do the math won't! Side note, I had the privilege of entering daily & stock orders on a telex. Thank god for the arrival of Hailey's Comet and the IBM PC XT!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My dad, a retired machinist of 45 years, has an old copy of that reference front and centre of his tool box. Said he used it all the time.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one. Use it a few times a month.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a copy on my desk that was handed down to me from the who knows how many previous plant managers.

Machinery's Handbook, Nineteenth Edition, Second Printing, 1971. It is the green soft bound tabbed version by Industrial Press.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
I'm sure some of the machinist's & pEng's have crossed paths with this reference Worth every penny even now. It never has connection issues and results pushed to the top because someone paid more money to be relevant.

I wasn't sure what the book was about... so I Googled it. Sounded interesting, so I checked out a copy. Opened it to a random page. It flipped open to pg. 404.
Dang - it's no better than the inter web.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought you were asking about this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltaVista
Quote Reply
Re: Google before there was Google... [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

I wasn't sure what the book was about... so I Googled it. Sounded interesting, so I checked out a copy. Opened it to a random page. It flipped open to pg. 404.
Dang - it's no better than the inter web.

Awesome! So even the reference book has a page not found. It was ahead of its time.
Quote Reply
Re: Google before there was Google... [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check your internet connection... The body mass index is on page 404...not exactly a page a 'normal' triathlete would read.
Quote Reply