Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are people really using cloth wipes?
Quote | Reply
For whatever reason I always assumed that they somehow recycled toilet paper (into something) and as such would throw hand tissues and used paper towel into the toilet rather than the trash thinking it was better environmentally. So I googled it and came across an article about how using cloth wipes was the environmentally responsible way to go.

It was a rather gross read but I guess thinking about cloth nappies it follows suit.

Does anyone do, or know of someone that does, this? Thinking about a container full of shitty rags accumulating until it's wash time is a rather unpleasant thought. For now I'll continue getting cancer from the recycled paper.
Quote Reply
Re: Are people really using cloth wipes? [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, outside of third world countries, where women have been washing soiled rags (if they have them) for personal hygiene since the beginning of time.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Are people really using cloth wipes? [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People use cloth diapers all the time so functionally it's the same. You don't leave the shit in them and throw them into a bag. You rinse most of the shit off of them by dunking in the toilet or using some sort of scraper. Then you put them in a container, washing it every day or two.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: Are people really using cloth wipes? [iO4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iO4 wrote:
People use cloth diapers all the time so functionally it's the same. You don't leave the shit in them and throw them into a bag. You rinse most of the shit off of them by dunking in the toilet or using some sort of scraper. Then you put them in a container, washing it every day or two.

The story goes that it was worse if you wet them, in terms of stench. So not sure dunking was intended to be the way to go. I also assume you meant dunking after the snappers are first flushed!
Quote Reply