Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling in Sarasota/Bradenton Area
Quote | Reply
Hey Ya'll, I have family in the Siesta Key area and am thinking about moving. I'm looking interested in relative safety, semi-fast group rides and time trials. Thanks for your input.

FatandSlow - and now old, too.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling in Sarasota/Bradenton Area [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:
Hey Ya'll, I have family in the Siesta Key area and am thinking about moving. I'm looking interested in relative safety, semi-fast group rides and time trials. Thanks for your input.

FatandSlow - and now old, too.

I can't necessarily help with group rides, but here's a few events:

Fort Desoto Time Trial
Sunshine Grand Prix events
Central Florida Time Trial

just your average age grouper . no one special . no scientific knowledge . just having fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling in Sarasota/Bradenton Area [way2sloow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't lived in Bradenton since 06, but when I was there Ringling Bicycle off Manatee Ave had a pretty solid group ride. A little far from Siesta but do able for weekends.
Last edited by: Triathlete1031: Mar 12, 17 9:10
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling in Sarasota/Bradenton Area [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sarasota is a great town with an active try, bike scene. The masters swim program is top 10 in the country, for sure.

I have ridden with Sarasota Bradenton Bike club ride. Good guys who used to roll around 18-20 MPH for 2 hours and a sprint at the end. I presume a review of the larger bike shops will net you more A level group rides.

Soloing a ride along the keys up Long Boat to Ana Maria is quite nice too. If you ride east west, pay attention to which roads have a connect to I75 as that will determine traffic levels, to a degree.

Such a Bad Runner
Quote Reply