Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Increase speed or distance (running)
Quote | Reply
Last year i had some calve problem and i did only 28 km/w in average. This winter my goal was to increase running volume slowly. Now my four week average is about 70 km/w and my year average 55 km/w.

My running has mostly been zone 1, and my average this week has been 11.6 km/h.
My 10 k time is about 35 min.

This week I did:
Monday 14 km (10 k @45 min zon2) after swim and bike
Tuesday 8 km @42 (after swim and bike)
Wednesday 22 k @120 min after swim
Thursday 6km @32 after swim and bike
Friday 13km @60 (7x2 min @3.30 pace) after swim
Saturday rest
Sunday 10k @48 (3x10 min @4 pace)

My zone 2 is 4.15-4.45 or so and my treshold about 3.35-3.40

So should I continue to could 5% a week up to 100 km/w or increase the speed? I bike 4x/w and swim 5x if it matters. I also have a lot of time.

Advice is appreciated
Quote Reply
Re: Increase speed or distance (running) [johan123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What length tri are you aiming at? The answer is going to be different for Oly vs. 70.3 vs. IM.

Also, what are your typical run splits for races, and what are you bike and swim training loads (the more aerobic base you get across all three sports, the less aerobic base kms you need).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Increase speed or distance (running) [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
What length tri are you aiming at? The answer is going to be different for Oly vs. 70.3 vs. IM.

Also, what are your typical run splits for races, and what are you bike and swim training loads (the more aerobic base you get across all three sports, the less aerobic base kms you need).

Good input, I aim for 70.3 mainly. My runsplits are about 1.25 (but that was with 28 km/w running), so I hope its under 1.20 now.
I bike ~10h/w and swim 5h/w.
Thanks
Quote Reply