Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What cables and housing [WD Pro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The problem must be the cables because if you use them contrary to their design they don't work as advertised ????
Mine show NO fluffing.
I may take some pictures for you.

The friction dropping ability of these cables is not diminished by stripping off some of the coating near the end.
So if you continue to use them incorrectly, why not just strip off the last 50mm and still retain the benefit of lower friction throughout the rest of the cable?

This clearly demonstrates how these cables get a bad rap.
People just don't use them as recommended.

People go to all sorts of lengths to get good cable runs when all you have to do is cut the casing with proper tools, open out the inner liner, grease cable and fit.
It's so simple any idiot can do it but seems that nobody believes that something that simple and easy to do will work so they decide to improve the system by using lubricants that are not compatible with the coating or none at all.

These cables have little tiny ribs for the entire length of the cable to hold the special grease that is very reasonably priced.
It is a system.
But nobody uses it like that and wonders why they have issues.

Stay tuned for the next exciting topics of:
My Shimano brakes don't work like they should but I'm sure that it is nothing to do with using DOT fluid in them.
My swimming is shite but I am sure that it has nothing to do my ignoring my shite body position and it must be because of
(insert latest hairbrained popular theory/excuse due to my late onset swimmers disease.)
Quote Reply
Re: What cables and housing [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The picture of the chorus derailleur shows another simple error.
The small dick is rubbing on the cable because in that setup the cable is bent at a very acute angle due to the geometry of the derailleur and the bit of plastic sticking out makes it worse.
You would more then likely be better off to not use it and let the cable bend all the way back into the fitting by using a more standard endcap.
I suggest that you get over your 'clean and pretty' fetish and put the energy into a 'systems function' fetish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And that sticker over your brake bolt solves a problem that doesn't exist and only makes it less likely that you check this important bolt for tightness during a service.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, did someone get out of the bed on the wrong side this morning ... ? lol

Love and kisses,

WD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: What cables and housing [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Segmented compressionless housing because it improves braking modulation and responsiveness, turns sharper corners for your TT bike cable routing, can be lengthened/shortened and basically looks amazing. I like the Jagwire stuff because it doesn't fall off the liner and end up in a pile on the floor.

Looking at this and the Nokon... have read the Jagwire can have a little bit of grab in regards to brake cables though vs. other teflon sort of brake cable systems. That wouldn't be ideal for TT brakes that seem to need good return at the lever and calipers. Love the reported flexibility of this type of cable!

What's your current opinion on these?
Quote Reply
Re: What cables and housing [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure there is too but until I get a sponsor just what ever Shimano or Jagwire housing is cheap and available.... Same with cables. Although for DIY I think Jagwire has served me better. As long as everything is shifting all find and dandy I'll go a couple years. Might do the breaks for often just because they're breaks and all... To me it's like oil changes on a modern day car. We don't have to change ever 3k anymore and changing early does nothing but spends money you don't have to.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply

Prev Next