Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Stop the presses! Call in the Marines! Snow in the northeast! Media panties in a twist! [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
In New York, yes. Elsewhere... I don't believe so.

Money grab.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Stop the presses! Call in the Marines! Snow in the northeast! Media panties in a twist! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
burnman wrote:

Money grab.

C'mon Duffy. Don't hate the player. Hate the game!

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Stop the presses! Call in the Marines! Snow in the northeast! Media panties in a twist! [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
Duffy wrote:
burnman wrote:

Money grab.

Yeah, the game is what I'm talking about.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Stop the presses! Call in the Marines! Snow in the northeast! Media panties in a twist! [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio is asking residents to wear ski helmets if they must get out.
Quote Reply
Re: Stop the presses! Call in the Marines! Snow in the northeast! Media panties in a twist! [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its gotten so ridiculous over the years. I was in Lake Placid in 98 during a real storm ( the giant ice storm that hit the NE and Canuckistan) and there probably wasnt as much "advice" given to the general public as there is now for much much smaller storms. Of course those people in that area are self sufficient and rugged unlike those dwelling at the center of the multiverse that is NY Boston DC and Philly.

By the way the Weather Channel is a must watch today. Reporter after reporter trying to make something out of nothing over and over again. One was just trying to scrape up some snow and she says "well theres enough for a snowball but not a snowman.....yet!!!!!!"

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Re: Stop the presses! Call in the Marines! Snow in the northeast! Media panties in a twist! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
burnman wrote:
Duffy wrote:
burnman wrote:

Money grab.

Yeah, the game is what I'm talking about.

Living in New York state (not city), I'm more than aware of the game. But if we didn't laugh at our own expense every now and then, we'd have people running amok.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
burnman wrote:

Money grab.

Yup. deBlasio is fucking shameless. Not an ounce of snow on the ground, they declare a state of emergency this time yesterday.

Albany's gonna get HAMMERED, they're talking as much as three feet so it makes sense to have a statewide emergency declared to handle certain areas. NYC is expected to get a piddling 5-6", I know from experience that's not much at all. Fucking de Blasio.
Last edited by: Brownie28: Mar 14, 17 8:38
Quote Reply
Re: Stop the presses! Call in the Marines! Snow in the northeast! Media panties in a twist! [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
I got 8 inches of snow last night, I can blow it off my driveway with the leave blower its so light and fluffy. On Long Island, anytime it snowed it was always wet and heavy. Much more challenging to work with and shovel.

Be glad you're not around here now then. Where I am it's mostly been skeet with a little snow. Going to suck clearing it and no desire to take the kids sledding in this mess

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Stop the presses! Call in the Marines! Snow in the northeast! Media panties in a twist! [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm up there in the general area you're talking about.

It's dumping real good right now. You know what I and the 270 colleagues did this morning? Came to work. I brought a small shovel to get the Civic out of the parking spot and onto the main road when I get out at 5 later today. I expect it may be a bit slippery but not too bad. Last storm we got there was enough snow on the road (despite constant plowing with all hands on deck) that my Civic was running out of clearance. As long as I don't float on top of it all the winter tires are fine.

I think we're now in the 24 inch zone so this actually may be happening after all ;).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rodred wrote:
By the way the Weather Channel is a must watch today. Reporter after reporter trying to make something out of nothing over and over again. One was just trying to scrape up some snow and she says "well theres enough for a snowball but not a snowman.....yet!!!!!!"
Good grief, you watch the WX Channel?

(How old are you?)

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Stop the presses! Call in the Marines! Snow in the northeast! Media panties in a twist! [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
I'm up there in the general area you're talking about.

It's dumping real good right now. You know what I and the 270 colleagues did this morning? Came to work. I brought a small shovel to get the Civic out of the parking spot and onto the main road when I get out at 5 later today. I expect it may be a bit slippery but not too bad. Last storm we got there was enough snow on the road (despite constant plowing with all hands on deck) that my Civic was running out of clearance. As long as I don't float on top of it all the winter tires are fine.

I think we're now in the 24 inch zone so this actually may be happening after all ;).

Thats how you do it!

~
Quote Reply
Re: Stop the presses! Call in the Marines! Snow in the northeast! Media panties in a twist! [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I specifically turned it on after seeing the lack of Armageddon in my area. The party quickly took off from there.

~
Quote Reply

Prev Next