Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Man rims have gotten fat
Quote | Reply
I got a new set of Specialized Roval 50 wheels. Set my rim brakes up for them.

Road them a few days. Nice wheels by the way.

Switched over to my everyday Mavic Ksyruim wheels and was shocked to find even after turning the brake cable barrel adjustor all the way out, the pads were still a long way from the rim.

Visually just looking at the two rims they don't seem that much different in width but man they sure are.

Yes , yes I know disc brakes would solve this problem of having to adjust the cable barrel.
Last edited by: 7401southwick: Mar 10, 17 16:44
Quote Reply
Re: Man rims have gotten fat [7401southwick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7401southwick wrote:
Yes , yes I know disc brakes would solve this problem of having to adjust the cable barrel.

But there's no guarantee of having good caliper/rotor/pad alignment when swapping wheels. They're close, but often not perfect.
Quote Reply
Re: Man rims have gotten fat [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the ONLY reason I can think that riding a disc brake would be better.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Man rims have gotten fat [7401southwick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7401southwick wrote:
I got a new set of Specialized Roval 50 wheels. Set my rim brakes up for them.

Road them a few days. Nice wheels by the way.

Switched over to my everyday Mavic Ksyruim wheels and was shocked to find even after turning the brake cable barrel adjustor all the way out, the pads were still a long way from the rim.

Visually just looking at the two rims they don't seem that much different in width but man they sure are.

Wait wait, you think having disc brakes would make wheel swaps...easier?
Quote Reply
Re: Man rims have gotten fat [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And heavy!! (rims)
Quote Reply