Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Where is Oldandslow with his monthly job's reports? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
i didn't follow any of the spat, no idea what was said by whom.

I'm just talking about this notion that foreign workers are just in the country to take advantage of the country. Assuming that H is in the US to work, the value of his services to his company should be (if the company is profitable) higher than the amount he gets paid. He's contributing to the country, adding to the GDP, spending the money he earns in the country, etc.

both citizens and non-citizens contribute to the country.

Our Norwegian friend spends an inordinate amount of time basing America and its populace.
Quote Reply
Re: Where is Oldandslow with his monthly job's reports? [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
Hahaha, wtf is this turning into now?

Duffy possesed by TheForge's armed spirit.

Btw, I am NOT a citizen. I'm here for more than just work, though. I can tell you I'm not costing the country anything. Unless you want to get into allocating the "safety and protection" of the mighty military. The rest of the social programs are net recipients (and forever will be) of my earnings. I even pay for public radio I'm so nice.

You're one of the good ones
Quote Reply
Re: Where is Oldandslow with his monthly job's reports? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You must be mad that Trump is saying to all the world that the USA is not great.
I have been watching Fox News the last 8 years and according to Fox News the USA is a horrible place full of lazy people.

Again, not according to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Where is Oldandslow with his monthly job's reports? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just talking about this notion that foreign workers are just in the country to take advantage of the country. Assuming that H is in the US to work, the value of his services to his company should be (if the company is profitable) higher than the amount he gets paid. He's contributing to the country, adding to the GDP, spending the money he earns in the country, etc.

People on a work permit in the U.S contribute a lot more than a good percentage of the people. I was one of those for 5 years. I paid a high rate of tax, never used the education system and never used the healthcare. I paid into SS from my job but can never get it back because you have to work 10 years to be eligible for benefits.

I had a house and paid a mortgage. I bought furniture, paid utilities, property taxes, bought a few bikes and weekly food. I did that for 5 years and left.

For all the Americans, you're welcome... :)
Quote Reply
Re: Where is Oldandslow with his monthly job's reports? [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
theforge got banned yesterday, he wont be replying anytime soon.

That sucks.
Quote Reply
Re: Where is Oldandslow with his monthly job's reports? [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
You must be mad that Trump is saying to all the world that the USA is not great.
I have been watching Fox News the last 8 years and according to Fox News the USA is a horrible place full of lazy people.

Again, not according to me.

That's Norway. Also who watches fox news?
Quote Reply
Re: Where is Oldandslow with his monthly job's reports? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That being said, I don't think Forge should be banned.

TheForge banned?

What happened?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Apr 8, 17 10:41
Quote Reply
Re: Where is Oldandslow with his monthly job's reports? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
That being said, I don't think Forge should be banned.

TheForge banned?

What happened?

He "threatened" Halvard in the H-1B visa thread.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Why would he have done that?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Why would he have done that?

You should just read the thread (and this one starting from yesterday).

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Btw, I know he didn't actually threaten (in a violent sense) but at the same time I can see how someone might get that impression.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just for kicks and a trip down memory lane, I read Forge's very first post. It's kind of funny how consistent his themes have been. Alpha male. Power lifter. Guns. The wimpification of the American male, more guns, I'll fuck your whomever, all in his first post.
Quote Reply
Re: Where is Oldandslow with his monthly job's reports? [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should I start a "Forge appreciation thread"?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply

Prev Next