Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

So check this out - Body Armor
Quote | Reply
A couple years back, I bought a military grade heavy plate carrier, and loaded it with level 3 plates. It works, but until the collapse happens, I don't need a plate carrier with integrated pockets capable of holding 14 mags. This setup (without the mags) weighed 30 lbs in my last completion and unlike ironman racing, seconds really do matter in these competitions. So I bought a micro-carrier (8x10) plates, but it was too little on my frame. And replaced it with a medium shellback banshee plate carrier, which is popular among law enforcement SWAT types and the guys I was competing with. Works like a charm with a 6 mag shingle pouch with 3 pistol mags and a shot gun shell grid mounted on it. That will be the comp rig for now on. Also have a battle belt to hold 20 round magazines for shooting prone.

But now begs the question about what to do with the micro carrier? Yes, it fits my youngest son, but at 8 years old (built like a truck swimmer) it is still 12 lbs too heavy for him. He looked at me like I was crazy when I put it on him. So that idea isn't happening. I know, I'll keep it in the car. But the problem remains that it only covers the bare minimal vitals. I could still take a round to the ribs if stuff goes south with civil unrest and I have to walk home. So I got a brilliant idea. The body armor shop is just 3 miles from my office. So I bought a concealable vest with level IIIa soft armor in the front at 11x14 and level II in the back at 10x8. I can then throw the micro carrier with its level 3 plates over and that will still be lighter than the medium rig and concealable. So nearly the whole torso is protected from handgun fire, and the vitals protected from common rifle rounds.

I'm so glad I live in a country that allows us the freedom to buy this kind of stuff.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: So check this out - Body Armor [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a lot of serious Armour, but this thread is worthless without pics! ;)

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: So check this out - Body Armor [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll get some up after my next comp

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: So check this out - Body Armor [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A couple years back, I bought a military grade heavy plate carrier, and loaded it with level 3 plates.

How far and fast did you run up a hill with it?

Quote Reply
Re: So check this out - Body Armor [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
A couple years back, I bought a military grade heavy plate carrier, and loaded it with level 3 plates.

How far and fast did you run up a hill with it?

It doesn't matter, you're the winner! ;)

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply