Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Administrator
Last edited by: elynch: Mar 10, 17 11:30
Re: flat foot, bow legged, underpronation [elynch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is just your anatomy, embrace it.

Find whatever shoe works for you regardless of how it is marketed.
Run how you like
No orthotics unless you are in pain and exhausted all other options including PT and OTC orthotics.
No specific exercises, just enjoy running.

If you have pain, then rest and don't overdo it.

Underpronation is not a sin or a deficiency, it's just you. Your "foot scan" and tread pattern report opposite things. Don't fall victim to hype. Happy running.
Quote Reply
Re: flat foot, bow legged, underpronation [elynch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know why people get orthotics from chiropractors but don't understand it. It would seem to me a chiropodist/podiatritst would be a better bet. I would say if it isn't broke don't fix it. Lots of great runners have biomechanics that look like they are crying out for orthotics but have no issues.

elynch wrote:
So I received a foot scan at my chiropractor and was told I have moderate pronation and falling arches (by the scan). However, my tread wear on my shoes is all on the lateral outsole indicating I under-pronate. Also, I am bow-legged. I have found some information online about people with my same dilemma. So while it seems very uncommon, a flat footed under pronating runner is what I am. Is there anything I should be doing? I have not had any serious injuries or issues. I currently run in Adidas supernova glide shoes (neutral). The chiropractor told me I should consider custom orthodics. The chiro also said he was amazed my knees are not hurting me all the time due to my tread wear and flat feet and bow leggedness.

Should I try a specific type of shoe?

Should I be focusing on any specific type of running mechanics due to my issue?

Should I get custom orthodics?

Should I be doing any specific exercises etc... for this?

Any info would help alot. As I said I am not experiencing any issues other than typical aches and pains however I am very proactive about my health and want to be sure I am doing everything right.

Thanks for the help!

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply