Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The NFL and painkillers
Quote | Reply
https://www.washingtonpost.com/...680e18d10_story.html

Very interesting article, on one hand the players probably want/need drugs on the other, that's a lot of drugs
Quote Reply
Re: The NFL and painkillers [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The NFL will be done within 20 years. Maybe less.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: The NFL and painkillers [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
The NFL will be done within 20 years. Maybe less.

Done as in no longer a league? Or dying? I think it has a little longer shelf life. Like 40-50 years.

Otherwise I agree.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: The NFL and painkillers [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think as more parents decide they don't want their kids to play, it'll wither. i could imagine it becoming more of a weird side-spectacle that's on pay-per-view once in a while and features some busted dudes duking it out.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toradol is now a major juice of champions. Less restrictive and don't lose concentration like Opioids.

Will NFL disappear - NO - people will want gladiator sports - look at various forms of fighting now popular which was once just boxing. Mommies (rightly) beginning not to push their kids into the sport (except Texas perhaps) no problem, just outsource the talent - develop overseas players. NFL is playing in Mexico City now.

One thing that confuses me, NFL players union - why don't they go after their own, there are small number of trash players destroying their fellow union members life.
Quote Reply
Re: The NFL and painkillers [keepcycling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
One thing that confuses me, NFL players union - why don't they go after their own, there are small number of trash players destroying their fellow union members life.

Probably for the same reason that teachers' unions protect child molestiong teachers.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do I remember correctly that you played D1 football? I've always assumed that there as a lot of risky/illegal use of meds at the college level too - maybe not at the level of the pros, but still a lot. True or untrue in your experience?
Quote Reply
Re: The NFL and painkillers [keepcycling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
keepcycling wrote:
Toradol is now a major juice of champions. Less restrictive and don't lose concentration like Opioids.

This part surprises me more than the other drugs. I had never heard of Toradol before about 3 1/2 weeks ago when I had a c-section and was given it via IV post surgery. I had some pain management issues 2 or 3 days later and was put on Toradol instead of ibuprofen (in addition to Percocet) for 5 days. The doctors and pharmacist were adamant no more than 5 days on the Toradol due to risk of complications. Maybe only getting shot up with Toradol once a week doesn't pose the same risk as taking it for more than 5 days but from what I was told it's not a drug to be cavalier about. But it's also not lost on me that both players and organizations are fairly cavalier about giving/taking drugs consequences be damned.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply