Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

recurring calf cramp?
Quote | Reply
Did a hard 1:30 trainer session Tuesday night after getting back from a short flight (also ran that morning), was sweating a real lot and near the end I felt my right calf cramping up a bit. Stretched and did some self massage but the catchiness in my inner calf has not gone away over the last couple days. Have been able to run, swim and ride (nothing too hard) but I notice at various points later in the day a sort of low level cramping/catchiness/spasm (no pain), particularly after I get up after sitting for a bit. Cannot detect any particularly sore spots on the calf. I have been rolling it, doing self massage and plan to uptick my fluids intake over the coming days. Anyone dealt with this or have any suggestions on what else to do to make sure it doesn't develop into a problem? Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: recurring calf cramp? [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll preface this with the fact that I'm a sports medicine MD... While its most likely just a cramp, whenever I hear calf pain after a long flight I have to throw out the warning that what you are describing could be a DVT (deep venous thrombosis). It's worth a visit to your doc or urgent care/ER for an ultrasound to rule that out. Not trying to put a damper on things but if you were in my office I'd send you for that test. 99% chance it's not but if it's there it could be very dangerous.
Kyle
Quote Reply