Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Object lesson on what not to do in court.
Quote | Reply
Title says it all.

http://www.foxnews.com/...nt-need-lecture.html

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Object lesson on what not to do in court. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Obviously a typical Trump supporter.

TWO KIDS, 31 ANIMALS REMOVED FROM 'DEPLORABLE' HOME, POLICE SAY

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He scalped the last female he's going to touch for a long time. Glad he's out of society.
Quote Reply
Re: Object lesson on what not to do in court. [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
Obviously a typical Trump supporter.

TWO KIDS, 31 ANIMALS REMOVED FROM 'DEPLORABLE' HOME, POLICE SAY

that include the defendant?
Quote Reply
Re: Object lesson on what not to do in court. [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wanna bet it was a trailer? A double wide? One of those lots that had a bunch of cars in the front that can't move, but a home that can?

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there's always a chance he may sneak out. if he gets a sympathetic judge like this gentleman *cough cough* was fortunate enough to get. although, being that the scalper, which is very native American behavior, is not an illegal he's prob out of luck. unless the judge is native American, then perhaps the judge can see the scalper is empathizing with native American's, throw him a bison bone and help an empathizing cracker out. maybe.

http://www.foxnews.com/...rant-escape-ice.html

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Object lesson on what not to do in court. [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, in his defense, she did post something on Facebook that he didn't like.
Quote Reply
Re: Object lesson on what not to do in court. [North] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
North wrote:

I wonder what she posted.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Object lesson on what not to do in court. [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
North wrote:

Well, whatever she posted was bad enough to make the whole incident her fault. I mean, "he felt "horrible" over what happened -- but he insisted he was not responsible."

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Object lesson on what not to do in court. [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
Duffy wrote:
North wrote:

Well, whatever she posted was bad enough to make the whole incident her fault. I mean, "he felt "horrible" over what happened -- but he insisted he was not responsible."

She must have really pissed him off.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Object lesson on what not to do in court. [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She probably lectured him publicly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
North wrote:

Well-played!

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
North wrote:

We have a winner!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Object lesson on what not to do in court. [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
there's always a chance he may sneak out. if he gets a sympathetic judge like this gentleman *cough cough* was fortunate enough to get. although, being that the scalper, which is very native American behavior, is not an illegal he's prob out of luck. unless the judge is native American, then perhaps the judge can see the scalper is empathizing with native American's, throw him a bison bone and help an empathizing cracker out. maybe.

http://www.foxnews.com/...rant-escape-ice.html

Scapling is European behavior. The French started it.
Quote Reply
Re: Object lesson on what not to do in court. [Rambler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scapling is European behavior. The French started it.

#fakehistory

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Object lesson on what not to do in court. [Rambler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Um, no. Scalping is of a practice of wide origin, but has been around since long before the French and was independently practiced by ancient Europeans, Asians, Africans and North American indian tribes well before we ever came. It was throught to have replaced taking heads, a gruesome or space taking practice, in many of these cultures as they evolved relatively. Now you may argue that the French would pay bounties based on scalps vs its historic use of a war trophy.

There is evidence of scalping by North American Indian tribes as far back as the 1300s.

Man, I swear understanding of the relationships between the US and Indians has swung from one direction to the other, but still equally bull shit. 50 years ago we were talking about how the Indians were the bad guys and their subjugation was a good thing, to the complete opposite where we call them Native Americans, a name most despise more than being called Indians, hence why it is called the bureau of INDIAN affairs despite several PC presidents that certainly would have changed it and now scalping is a European invention.

Last edited by: TheForge: Mar 9, 17 14:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Title says it all.

http://www.foxnews.com/...nt-need-lecture.html

This s a pretty good example. My favorite is the guy I saw show up for sentencing on a MJ possession charge wearing pot leaf printed pants. I've also seen more people than I can count show up for plea on a DUI or drug charge completely hammered. Rarely goes well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a lecture so much but when my wife worked for the government trying to get Dads to pay their child support one particular judge used to like saying "I hope you brought your toothbrush sir, you are going to jail" whenever he was sentencing someone.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Object lesson on what not to do in court. [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be clear, the "Deplorable" story and the scalping story are different stories.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Object lesson on what not to do in court. [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did my share of fucking with the bull and got the horns. But some things can be controlled, others can't. Judges think they are always right, at least in their court rooms. I've heard cops, prosecutors and attorneys say that there is no challenging a judge in court period (outside protocol). Judges do fucked up things all the time and to challenge them can only impact you negatively. Best to handle such things outside of court. But if a judge thinks they have done you a favor, or have given you mercy, they expect a thank you and a smile. Otherwise you are going to pay the price. Its no thing for a judge to give you 31 vs 25 years. But that sure as hell sucks for you. Me, I blew insanely high back in grad school. The judge allowed a portion that would have brought me to a lesser sentence admitted in a plea deal that had me serve 5 days in jail over three weekends (the minimum required sentencing). Unfortunately, I went out for a friends birthday the night before my last night and violated the terms of that deal. The result was a full sentence with a hefty bail to buy 30 days of freedom so I could graduate grad school. Along with a loud and specific lecture by the judge about how he did me a huge favor and I let him down and I have a real problem that needs to be addressed. Also if he didn't set such a bail, he would not be surprised if I unintentionally woke up in Vegas the next day never to return. Totally embarrassing to me, my family and friends.

In jail, I found there were armed robbery suspects with lesser bail than I had. Reality was, they couldn't afford it, so that is probably the reason it didn't matter. But bond, I had to pay a lot of money for a poor college kid for 30 days of freedom.

I learned a big lesson that day and haven't gotten in trouble since. Dipshits like this never figure it out. I won't be surprised if any of his offspring end up like him. Its genetic.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saw the subject and was sure it was about this story

http://www.cbsnews.com/...ims-family-in-court/
Quote Reply
Re: Object lesson on what not to do in court. [hammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hammond wrote:
Saw the subject and was sure it was about this story

http://www.cbsnews.com/...ims-family-in-court/

Did you see how the woman was dressed? Who goes to court wearing a low cut top when your daughter is being sentenced to prison. Chances are, the apple didn't fall far from the tree.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't want to quote your reply just to keep the posts more readable, but a lot of what you say is accurate. Judges are human beings. Most of the ones I work with are excellent, but a sure fire way to draw the hammer is to do something stupid when you're already on bond.

-anecdote I imagine you'll enjoy:

Dude pleads guilty to DUI w/ child under 14 in car. PA agrees to not add an endangerment count and he can serve the mandatory 30 day enhancement for have a kid in the car on house arrest vs. jail. Pretty good deal. Dumbass shows up to sign in with HA monday Morning completely shithoused. Blew a .32 at 8:45 on a Monday morning.

Probation violation, warrant etc, go back to court and, of course, HA is no longer an option and judge is going to lock him up but . . ., he fucked up so quickly that we're still within the 14 day window to appeal the municipal case. LSShort, he posts $1200 appeal bond, strokes me another larger check and the case starts over from scratch (de novo) in the District (county) court with a new judge.

Set the matter for trial and we're probably going to win. He didn't want to spend the money for trial initially, but now that 30 days in is the alternative he's managed to locate the necessary funds. I'm shocked! So, ultimately, there's about an 80% that being a complete and total dipshit is going to work to his benefit.
Quote Reply