Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What does Slowtwitch think of this guys position?
Quote | Reply

From a USAT brick workout article.
Quote Reply
Re: What does Slowtwitch think of this guys position? [narcomoeba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's great

For a road bike
Quote Reply
Re: What does Slowtwitch think of this guys position? [narcomoeba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, he looks like a brick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
narcomoeba wrote:

From a USAT brick workout article.

I don't think any of the authors are really vetted but I think you would be surprised how much everyone doesn't know. They tend to know a lot a very specific area but not so much in other areas.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Static photos are not great for establishing fit . . . but . . this is not good! Might as well just ride a road bike with that sort of positioning.

. . . but maybe the guy has back problems and can't get too low.

Just giving the guy the benefit of the doubt.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: What does Slowtwitch think of this guys position? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
It's great

For a road bike

You joke but that's it exactly. With road handlebar on there his reach would be about right (edit: eh he'd need to get rid of the spacers), and the saddle is about in the right position too.
Last edited by: Dilbert: Mar 7, 17 16:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My mtb position is more aero
Quote Reply
Re: What does Slowtwitch think of this guys position? [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still don't think it's good for a road bike! Still looks a bit too upright. That's a good cruiser/commuter fit!

Dilbert wrote:
ChrisM wrote:
It's great

For a road bike

You joke but that's it exactly. With road handlebar on there his reach would be about right (edit: eh he'd need to get rid of the spacers), and the saddle is about in the right position too.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That bike looks too small for him, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume the photographer caught him sitting up to stretch or something.
Quote Reply
Re: What does Slowtwitch think of this guys position? [mt2u77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't he know that the straw isn't aero?

Oh, and his position could use some (a lot) of work.

Adam Feigh
Pianko Law, Speed Hound, Castelli, Sailfish, Base
Feighathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like half of the"Before" fits we see, except instead of Cervelo, they are on QRoos.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: What does Slowtwitch think of this guys position? [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
Looks like half of the"Before" fits we see, except instead of Cervelo, they are on QRoos.

Did you say he was fitted by a cuckoo?

I've never seen pads that far forward on the arms.
Quote Reply
Re: What does Slowtwitch think of this guys position? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He would be so much more aero if he would just get rid of that round water bottle.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: What does Slowtwitch think of this guys position? [mt2u77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mt2u77 wrote:
That bike looks too small for him, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume the photographer caught him sitting up to stretch or something.

"Oh shit!!! ... everyone is way up there already?!!!"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: What does Slowtwitch think of this guys position? [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not the most aero position I've seen :) Let's hope he was just stretching when this picture was taken
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In a word ... "RELAXED"! :)
Quote Reply