Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump is a dumarse [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you believe the Office of the Director of National Intelligence over Trump's tweets?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

I have no knowledge of gitmo prisoner releases other than what I've read in this thread. Jim gave a number close to 200 released by Obama and tyrod said he may be right.

Does this debate over number released hinge on the definition of "vicious"?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Trump is a dumarse [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
So you believe the Office of the Director of National Intelligence over Trump's tweets?

I'm weird that way.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Trump is a dumarse [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figured the story about the Navy Corpseman killed by these terrorists in our 57th state while having his hands up yelling "don't shoot" would have you more upset .

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Re: Trump is a dumarse [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Quote:

I have no knowledge of gitmo prisoner releases other than what I've read in this thread. Jim gave a number close to 200 released by Obama and tyrod said he may be right.

Basically. The prisoners released by Bush have had more time to reengage in terrorism also.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Trump is a dumarse [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
You said it better than me. When in the heck is this turd gonna help Main Street in a meaningful way. Maybe because I am nearing the end of my journey and more time on my hands, but I see so many folks in despair and I think we can do better. I have seen nothing to make me think he gives a rat's arse about anything but himself and heirs.

Of course you don't. Does it surprise you that you don't? Are you more pessimistic than you have been the last 8 years?

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
see my other message where i reference couple of articles....i posted initially while excerising and should have included.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Quote:

There's no ambiguity here. Trump saw a report on Fox News [sic] or their Twiiter:

Quote:
“Former Gitmo detainee killed by a U.S. airstrike in Yemen; at least 122 former Gitmo detainees have re-engaged in terrorism”

And Mr. Brilliant came up with his own tweet:

Quote:
122 vicious prisoners, released by the Obama Administration from Gitmo, have returned to the battlefield. Just another terrible decision!

And the quote I gave was taken from a table provided by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence:

https://www.dni.gov/...September%202016.pdf

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Trump is a dumarse [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes ....pretty bummed for you and others
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
H- wrote:
Quote:

There's no ambiguity here. Trump saw a report on Fox News [sic] or their Twiiter:

Quote:
“Former Gitmo detainee killed by a U.S. airstrike in Yemen; at least 122 former Gitmo detainees have re-engaged in terrorism”

And Mr. Brilliant came up with his own tweet:

Quote:
122 vicious prisoners, released by the Obama Administration from Gitmo, have returned to the battlefield. Just another terrible decision!

And the quote I gave was taken from a table provided by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence:

https://www.dni.gov/...September%202016.pdf

Ken, give up. It is impossible to argue with these people. They are so determined to parse the Orange Foolius tweets that they give up reason and thought.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Trump is a dumarse [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:
According to this USA Today article published in January, there were 242 prisoners at Gitmo when Obama took office. He released 10 prisoners just days before leaving office, leaving 45 remaining at Gitmo.

http://www.usatoday.com/...-time-oman/96688414/

According to my old-school math, Obama released a net total of 197 prisoners. Once again, those pesky facts get in the way.

But, only 1/3 of them have been re-captured back in the battle/terror field, so that 197 is really only 59.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Trump is a dumarse [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
The 'Deep State' wants you to believe that. Trump knows the truth. The Steves have told him the truth. If you question the truth you are a Heretic Liberal using your brain.

I have a personality disorder, I don't drink coffee...
Quote Reply
Re: Trump is a dumarse [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:
According to this USA Today article published in January, there were 242 prisoners at Gitmo when Obama took office. He released 10 prisoners just days before leaving office, leaving 45 remaining at Gitmo.

http://www.usatoday.com/...-time-oman/96688414/

According to my old-school math, Obama released a net total of 197 prisoners. Once again, those pesky facts get in the way.

Garbage in = garbage out.

"According to the office of the director of national intelligence, of the 693 former Guantánamo Bay detainees who were transferred to other countries in the entire 15-year period since the Bush administration opened the wartime prison in January 2002, 122 are “confirmed” to have engaged in militant activity after their release.

However, the overwhelming majority of those 122 men — 113 of them — were transferred under President George W. Bush, not President Barack Obama.

Most of the former Guantánamo detainees in the world departed the prison under Mr. Bush: 532 of the 693 former detainees who left the prison alive departed under Mr. Bush."

693 - 532 = 161 detainees released by Obama.

161 < 532 if you are looking for a comparison of who released the most detainees.

Of course, I don't think there's much love lost between Trump and Bush these days either.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/factcheck/fact-check-trump-is-wrong-about-guantánamo-detainees/ar-AAnZckY?li=BBnb7Kz

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump is a dumarse [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can I play klehner for this reply?

Trump tweeted released. The report claims transferred.

Hey, I'm only playing the role. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
There's no ambiguity here.

And I should care why?

Before you respond, consider that I don't care much what the guy says, only what he does. Also my belief is that he is intentionally sloppy with his facts as he has observed how that sets a large portion of his opposition into a tizzy chasing the rabbits he has tweeted.

I spent many years in the environmental regulation field. I'm just hoping for an informed thread on what the EPA Administrator is up to. Dreaming, I know, but I'd settle just for a thread.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply

Prev Next