Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman $100 Rebate
Quote | Reply
Last Nov I started process of registration for IM Canada, I never finished it as I just wanted to find out the cost in Cdn$, since then I have had several emails inquiring why I didn't finish process and asking me to reconsider, I assumed that at some point I would be given an incentive to sign up, well today I received an email offer of $100 towards race entry for filling out a survey, is there any chance the incentives will improve if I wait to sign up until a later date?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman $100 Rebate [pokey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTC's bots send out those reminders (for IM Coz whoever is in charge last year sent one out saying you didn't finish, here's $100 off, but the US ones didn't offer that).

I would not expect them to send out more emails with more money off. This email is the first I've seen where they do this, previously it's been a raffle or drawing for a free entry. It's not an incentive to those that had not finished the process, as I got it as well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pokey wrote:
Last Nov I started process of registration for IM Canada, I never finished it as I just wanted to find out the cost in Cdn$, since then I have had several emails inquiring why I didn't finish process and asking me to reconsider, I assumed that at some point I would be given an incentive to sign up, well today I received an email offer of $100 towards race entry for filling out a survey, is there any chance the incentives will improve if I wait to sign up until a later date?

i did the same thing for IMMT but never completed the registration either. i did the survey but never received $100 off. how much time had passed between the survey and the email?

i'd be surprised if they increased the incentive. guess i'll wait a little longer
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman $100 Rebate [ptakeda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At the end of survey it says I will receive credit email in 1 week.

Here is the orig email

We Want Your Feedback
Hello,

We are always striving to improve the athlete experience at IRONMAN and we know that experience starts long before anyone arrives for race week. We are asking a select group of athletes for their input to help us make every step of the journey better for our athletes.

If you complete this survey you would help us make improvements this year and in the future.

To show our gratitude for your time and effort in completing this survey, athletes who enter their name and email address at the end of the survey will receive a custom code for $100 credit towards their next IRONMAN registration through Active.com. The $100 credit will apply to the 2017 event the athlete selects at the end of the survey.

Thank you for your feedback!

Christopher Stadler
Chief Marketing Officer - IRONMAN
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman $100 Rebate [ptakeda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gave a specific date of March 13 for me
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman $100 Rebate [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same date I received
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a brilliant marketing campaign actually. They have a bunch of races they know aren't going to sell out so they are offering discounts. Now all of the people on the fence about registering are going to rush to sign up before March 13th in fear that the $100 discount causes their event to sell out. Then all the other people on the fence will use the $100 discount to sign up thinking they got a great deal.

Disclaimer: I'm thinking of signing up due to the discount so they got me too.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman $100 Rebate [Bob S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too bad registering twice will cost you more than that in Active.com "convenience" charges :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure the survey/credit has nothing to do with you not completing the registration process. I received the same email today and I have not done or considered a WTC race (full or 70.3) since October 2014.I certainly haven't started and stopped the registration process for one either.
Quote Reply