Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump "Muslim ban" redux... [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Yup, domestic violence is a big fucking problem. All races, religions and genders should find it despicable.

Is it specific to one religion, race or socioeconomic level?

http://www.christiandomesticdiscipline.com/how_to_discipline.html

https://answeringchristian.wordpress.com/...g-verses-from-bible/

I agree that it's a problem among Christians as well.

Did you think that pointing out bad behavior by Christians would somehow upset me? I'm a fucking atheist and generally hostile to almost all organized religions. Do you think pointing out that there is domestic violence among Christians somehow dilutes the fact that right now, Islam is the most regressive and backward religion commonly practiced around the world?

Serious question, what the fuck is it about Islam that makes people (and mostly liberals, which is even more baffling) want to give it pass for all its blatantly hideous practices?

Is there anyone here that would defend the fundamentalist Mormon church? The treatment of women is basically the same in Islam.

Seriously, wtf?

Is it really as simple as my opinion that because Islam is thought to be mainly practiced by non-whites that we can't condemn its vile treatment of women for fear of being thought of as racist?

If not that than what? Why do so many so-called liberal adovocates for women's rights continue to defend Islam or deny its transgression (or say "but Christians!!!!")?

Why?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Trump "Muslim ban" redux... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I'm sure everyone is just giving them a pass. If saying not all Muslims beat their wives and it is not fair to characterize an entire ethnic group that way is somehow giving them a pass in your eyes, you really do have Trump's balls stuffed deep in your esophagus with how much you defend him. I know you don't see it that way, but it really is as simple as that.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump "Muslim ban" redux... [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Islam is not an ethnicity. It's a religion.

And can you show me where I said all Muslims beat their wives?

Many do and even more approve of it.

Again, why is that so difficult for you guys to condemn without hedging or bringing up Christians?

Islam is a horrendously oppressive and backward religion. You should be appalled by its practice, especially how women are treated.

Amazing.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
Yup, domestic violence is a big fucking problem. All races, religions and genders should find it despicable.

Is it specific to one religion, race or socioeconomic level?

http://www.christiandomesticdiscipline.com/how_to_discipline.html

https://answeringchristian.wordpress.com/...g-verses-from-bible/

I agree that it's a problem among Christians as well.

Did you think that pointing out bad behavior by Christians would somehow upset me? I'm a fucking atheist and generally hostile to almost all organized religions. Do you think pointing out that there is domestic violence among Christians somehow dilutes the fact that right now, Islam is the most regressive and backward religion commonly practiced around the world?

Serious question, what the fuck is it about Islam that makes people (and mostly liberals, which is even more baffling) want to give it pass for all its blatantly hideous practices?

Is there anyone here that would defend the fundamentalist Mormon church? The treatment of women is basically the same in Islam.

Seriously, wtf?

Is it really as simple as my opinion that because Islam is thought to be mainly practiced by non-whites that we can't condemn its vile treatment of women for fear of being thought of as racist?

If not that than what? Why do so many so-called liberal adovocates for women's rights continue to defend Islam or deny its transgression (or say "but Christians!!!!")?

Why?

I can't say why people want to give anyone a pass on their personal behavior. Which was the point of my last post. I tend to judge people based on their behavior, not their religion. I was not trying to upset you. I was trying to point out that just because a man is Muslim doesn't mean he will or wants to beat his wife. There are plenty of interpretations of the Quran that explicitly disavow domestic abuse.

People can be violent shitheads regardless of religion. I will agree that in the West we treat our womenfolk significantly better than most other places (except of course for the pussy-grabbing).

I have some good friends who are Muslim. He grew up in East Africa. A true gentleman. Married for 30 years, is horrified by the violence done in the name of Islam. Speaks out about it regularly at his Mosque. Would never hurt a fly, certainly would never harm his wife. Should I condemn his "vile treatment of women?"

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok Trump, quit insinuating it with intentionally inflammatory statements. I know two Muslims who said they beat their wives. Muslim men beat their wives.

Show me were I brought up Christianity.

Show me where I said I wasn't appalled by its practice.

Amazing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just for the record, it's not Trump who has a questionnaire asking if Muslim men beat their wives and so on. It's some idiotic state legislator in Oklahoma.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Trump "Muslim ban" redux... [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never said it was. Not sure how you got there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Ok Trump, quit insinuating it with intentionally inflammatory statements. I know two Muslims who said they beat their wives. Muslim men beat their wives.

Show me were I brought up Christianity.

Show me where I said I wasn't appalled by its practice.

Amazing.

I'm not insinuating anything. I'm straight up saying that Islam is a shitty religion.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got there because you keep talking about Duffy defending Trump, but he's not talking about an incident related to Trump here. Sounded like you might be attributing the questionnaire to Trump instead of the idiot in OK. If not, carry on.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Trump "Muslim ban" redux... [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
I got there because you keep talking about Duffy defending Trump, but he's not talking about an incident related to Trump here. Sounded like you might be attributing the questionnaire to Trump instead of the idiot in OK. If not, carry on.

Nah, he is just using the time-honoured LR tradition of calling Duffy a "Trump Ballwasher" as often as possible. He almost always bites. Fun for the whole family!

===============
Last edited by: CaptainCanada: Mar 6, 17 17:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just so you know, I think this travel ban is idiotic.

Once again you think because I get into an argument with you it means (in your mind) that I must love Trump.

Sorry, fail.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Once again you think because I get into an argument with you it means (in your mind) that I must love Trump.

Sorry, fail.

Did you read my post? It's just fun to call you a Trumpeter. I am quite aware that you are not a supporter.

Lighten up Francis!

===============
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Sorry, fail.

Did you read my post? It's just fun to call you a Trumpeter. I am quite aware that you are not a supporter.

Lighten up Francis!

I never really read any of your posts.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply

Prev Next